Twenty Eight, Happy Birthday Jayden

Not So Bad After All
Book One
Chapter Twenty Eight
Jayden's Pov

____________________

I got my bags and football gear from the trunk of my car and locked it when I was done. I've already been staying at my permanently for a few weeks now, but something about this time, felt so final. Probably because it is.

Brandon texted me and told me that he would meet here around this time. He had something to show me. He's not here so I guess he changed his mind.

I'll call him when I get in the house. I declared.

I unlocked the door with my key and entered the house, heading to  straight to the living room. I turned the light on because it was extremely dark which was weird because I always kept the kitchen light on...

"SURPRISE!!!" People shouted from all around me as they jumped out from every corner of the living room.

They scared the hell out of me, there was no denying that. I looked around the room at the decorations and all the familiar faces.

I smirked at the one face that stuck out the most to me. Rose.

"What is all of this?" I asked happily.

"Your party! What's it look like?" Sky excitedly told me.

"You knew about this?" I asked Brandon.

"We all knew about it bro. It was, Rose's idea," He answered.

"You did this?" I asked her.

"Surprise!" She excitedly said.

She was smiling from ear to ear and I swear it was the best thing I'd ever seen.

I dropped bags and stormed over to her. I cupped her face in my face, never breaking eye contact and kissed her lips.

For the first time in my life I felt butterflies in my stomach. I felt my palms get sweaty. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise and my entire body crackle with electricity. Her lips were so soft, full and I loved every second of it... She felt like coming home.

I could hear everyone's cheers and gasps of surprise but honestly, it was as if none of them were even here.

When we pulled apart I smiled down at her. Her cute brown cheeks had a rosy tint to them. Her lips were curled up into a grin. She was happy, but I could still see the shock behind her happiness. All that matters is that she kissed me back and that I'd never felt anything more amazing.

I needed this, I needed her...

__________________

Rose's POV

__________________

I can't believe that just happened... Most importantly, I hadn't realized how badly I wanted it to happen. It felt like once our lips touched a weight was lifted from my shoulders.

I knew my feelings towards him had changed. I found myself wanting to be around him all the time. I looked forward to our study sessions. I began to melt in his arms when we hugged, hell, the fact that we were hugging raised suspicion within myself. Sometime he likes to read to me and every time he did, I watched him in awe... These are all just the little things that I've noticed... The one thing that I'd been in complete denial about was my feelings for him. I refused to admit it, to my mom, to Sky... to myself...

Yes this kiss was amazing and it meant so much more to me than I ever could imagine... But now I'm scared and couldn't let this get to me too much because I'm not sure if he felt the same way as me about all of this.