Chapter Twelve

Not So Bad After All
Books One
Chapter Twelve
Jayden's Pov
__________________

"Yeah bro, she was tripping. I told her I couldn't finish it cause of the storm and she was still busting my balls about it," Ryan complained.

Honestly, I wasn't paying much attention to him... There was a cute red head checking me out a few lockers down.

"That's crazy," was all I could say.

"Old bitch doesn't like me," he shrugged. "Oh, hey babe."

Like I said, I wasn't really paying much attention to him so I didn't notice when Rose approached us.

"Damn, you look sexy," he said to her.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. He's my boy but he really has no game when It comes to girls. I'll be honest, he only gets pussy because he's a football player.

But to be fair, in the beginning of his relationship with Rose, he was all in. He was head over hills for her. I'm not quite sure when that changed or why, and it really isn't my place to find out either.

Rose smiled and awkwardly chuckled, "Uh, thanks."

Lesson number one, don't call a girl like Rose sexy to her face. Girls good girls like her usually demand more respect than that. You have to be sweet to good girls... Use words like beautiful or stunning. It makes women feel like you mean what you say and you're not only just trying to fuck them.

By the way Rose stiffened at his compliment, I can tell that I'm right. I can see that it made her visibly uncomfortable. Her smile didn't reach her eyes like it normally would've if she was happy about something.

That's another thing. Lately, I've been way more aware of her. I seem to notice a lot about her now. Her movements, expressions all of it. Even things like how she instantly gets annoyed or stressed whenever she's around Ryan. It's like he makes her tense and uptight. Like she can't relax around him. Probably because she's always prepared for an argument. I've noticed how much she smiles when her best friend, Sky is by her side. I've noticed how she doesn't instantly get pissed off whenever she sees me. That one is still new and I don't know how I feel about it.

It's like... My senses are on overdrive these days. Always hyper-aware of her every move when she's around.

She's even started dressing differently. No more oversized t-shirts to hide her curvaceous frame. Now she dressed with some confidence, flirty even. Today she wore light blue skinny jeans with a pale green off-the-shoulder shirt. The most revealing thing about her outfit was her exposed shoulders and somehow it was still hot...

Admitting that anything about Rose is hot, felt like a familiar punch to the gut. But I'm a guy, I have eyes and I'm not blind.

"Anytime boo," Ryan smirked, proud of himself.

Lesson number two, don't call your girlfriend boo. A boo is someone you're talking to, not someone you've been dating for a year and a half.

"So what happened to you Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? You were MIA... You weren't at school and your phone was off," she asked him seriously.

"The storm babe. That shit was crazy. I was home by myself the whole time," He lied.

I silently chuckled at how easily he could lie to her. He could be ridiculous sometimes.

She didn't look convinced, "Mhm... Right."

"What's the problem? You were home to, staying out of the storm... Everybody was. Why is it so unbelievable that I was doing the same thing?"

"Actually, she was with me..." I announced. I couldn't help myself.