Chapter Sixteen

Not So Bad After All
Book One
Chapter Sixteen
Rose's Pov
_________________

Jamming in the car with Jayden actually made some of the dread that I was feeling towards tonight fade. I still did not want to be apart of this whole couples night. I gave Ryan one more chance and he fucked it up.

The only reason I actually came is to see Sky, she's the only positive thing about tonight.

"So you're pretty mad at Ryan,  huh?" Jayden asked I suspect to spark conversation.

"You have no idea. He's lucky I'm even coming."

"Why are you coming?"

"You mean besides to threatening me? Too see Sky. Fuck couples night. As far as I know, I'm single."

I meant that with my whole heart. I've been so weak for Ryan. I've played his game and you know what? I don't like it. I'm done with the back and forth bullshit. This time I'm really done. It's his blatant disregard for me that did it. I don't deserve that. No one does.

"We'll see," Was the last thing Jayden said before we arrived at the theater.

His response annoyed me. Not because he said it, but because that meant that everyone was paying attention to how stupid I've been for Ryan. It's embarrassing. Well, they're definitely in for a surprise this time.

Jayden parked the car and we headed over to the movie theater where everyone was waiting inside for us and we caught up with them.

For whatever reason Ryan was talking to Sara, the same girl that he has been supposedly seen kissing by a few of our classmates. My eyes narrowed ad i approached them. I stopped in front of them and you would think that Ryan at the very least would've would've noticed me, but he didn't. He was talking to Sara but his eyes were staring down at her chest.

"Hello..." I waved my hand in his face.

"Oh hey, Rose. I didn't see you there," He nodded to me. "You remember Sara, right?"

"Oh everybody knows Sara," I glared at her.

She's one of the girls at our school that everyone knows is loose and wild. In tenth grade she even had a drug problem. I heard she's almost fucked every guy at our school. I don't know if that's true but by the way she was looking at Ryan before she noticed me, I'd say there's some truth to the rumors about her. She's also been trying to get Ryan's attention for a long time now. I never felt comfortable with her around...

"Hey Rose," Danielle and Jasmine both greeted me.

"Hey," I tried my hardest to be polite and smile.

Turning my back to Ryan and Sara, I went over to Sky and gave her a hug. She squeezed me tight and I got her message loud and clear. "I'm here for you girl. I got you. We'll get through together."

Her presence gave me strength. I knew that as long as she's here, I can get through the night without losing my shit.

"Hey girl, glad you came," Sky said once we release each other.

"Thought I wasn't coming?" I shot her a smile that didn't quite reach my eyes.

She gave me a flat look, "I know you."

"Yeah well, I only came for you," I hooked my arm onto hers. "Plus I was threatened by that one," I motioned towards Jayden.

Sky chuckled, "What? Really?"

I laughed with and nodded my head, "Mhm."

"So are we just gonna stand here all night or are we gonna pick a movie?" Jayden asked, his impatience showing.