🌹Chapter Forty-eight🌹🎉Prom/3🎉

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

🌹ROSE POV🌹

"Alright everybody. Attention up here" On the stage was Brandon.

I almost forgot that they picked a football player to speak. I thought Nicole was going to do it instead.

When the music went off and all of the talking came to a stop Brandon began to talk again.

"Thanks. This prom is the shit right?" Everyone cheered. "We can thank Rose and Nicole and the others who's names I dont remember, for this amazing prom. Give it up to them!" Everyone laughed and clapped for us.

"Also wanna say thank you to the DJ whose keeping us on the dance floor tonight. Give it up for him too. We're not gonna keep you here too much longer bro we know you got shit to do after this" Everyone laughed. "I'm also gonna thank all of our teaches and principles who are here tonight chaperoning us. You got on our nerves all year but you made sure we succeeded and we wouldn't be here enjoying ourselves without your consistent encouragement. From all of us students, thank you" everyone clapped again. "I definitely wanna thank my fellow football players!" We heard someone shout, fuck yeah, excitedly from the crowd and we all laughed. This school lived its football players. "Thanks for busting your asses! Most of all, thank you to our quarterback Jayden, who pushed us beyond our limits and never let us give up. Thanks for leading our team to a victorious win every game! Thanks to coach who never let the team slack cause he always made Jayden carry us if we did" everyone laughed and cheered again.

After everyone calmed down a little, Brandon continued. "So do yall wanna get to this prom king and queen shit over with or what?!" More excited cheers filled the room once more.

"I forgot about this" I whispered to Jay in his ear.

"Me too. I thought they only do this in movies"

I shook my head laughing at him.

Nicole gave Brandon an envelope and stood by him on the stage.

"Prom king is..." He opened it and smiled. "My boy Jayden!!"

Of course everyone cheered for him excitedly. But I acted as if he won a Grammy award or something. He kissed me a bunch of times and I hugged him tightly.

He went on stage and proudly excepted the crown. It was placed on his head by Nicole and everyone cheered for him.

It makes sense. Jayden is the quarterback. Actually he broke records. He was the first ninth grader to make quarterback. He's the only quarterback back to stay quarterback for more than a year in our schools history. He's the only quarterback to ever lead us to so many wins in a row, in our schools history. We stand undefeated to this day because of him. Not only is he a football God to our school but he's popular and friends with everyone basically. Plus he throws pretty amazing parties. So it makes sense for him to be prom king. Prom Queen is prom gonna be one of the cheerleaders or someone who has slept with a lot of people. All I know is whoever it is better not touch my man too much. She can catch these hands.

Down girl. It's okay... I thought to myself.

"The prom queen is... Rose!" I heard in the background of my own thoughts. I snapped out of it, confused. "Rose!"
Brandon called to me.

"Me?" I asked stupidly.

He laughed and waved at me to come on stage, "Yes you. Come up here".

I went up there, hesitantly of course, and Nicole put the crown on my head. Jayden happily grabbed my hand and kissed me full on the lips in front of our entire senior class. All of my nerves were on high alert.

"Go ahead and say something Prom King and Queen" Brandon held the Mic out to either me or Jayden.

Jayden grabbed it. "Hey" he said, his tone nonchalant, which caused everyone to chuckle. "We've all been going to school with each other for years now. For those of you who don't know or remember, Rose and I used to hate each other. Every time we we're around each other we'd fight. Pretty sure some of you remember that" everyone agreed with him.

Well damn, we're we really that bad? I nervously smiled.

"Right" he smiled. "Well now I can't even remember why I hated her or why we used to fight. I love her with my heart and soul and before I say anything else, I want to publicly apologize to her for bullying her for all these years.. I know you have forgiven me, but I'm gonna say it again. I'm sorry for being a dick head growing up and thank you for changing me for the better."

He put the mic to me and I smiled and blushed like a fool "I love you. That cancels out all the dumb shit you did" everyone laughed but then they cheered when Jayden and I kissed.

"I also wanna say that I enjoyed these years with yall. Every single one of you guys are special in your own way and I hope you all achieve your goals in life. This is the time we'll all be together like this so let's turn up like we always do! Also, Rest in peace Ryan Duncan!" Jayden gave the mic back to Brandon and everyone erupted in cheers.

"Prom king and Queen are gonna have their dance now!" Brandon said over the cheering.

Frozen by Sabrina Claudio started to play and a knowing smile appeared on my face. This was our song.

He grabbed my hand and we danced. This was our first real dance.

I don't think me grinding on him at a house party while drunk counts.

"You had something to do with this didn't you?" I asked him.

"Nope"

Liar. "Jayden".

"You won prom queen fair and square. I did ask DJ to play our song though." He told me. "People like you more than you think Rose. Not as much as me, though" he teased smiling down at me.

"I love you so much. How did I get so lucky?"

"You knocked some sense into me" he winked at me.