🌹Chapter Thirty-Eight🌹

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

🌹ROSE POV🌹

I got up and went to the door, "Who is it?", I asked. Jay moved aside so I could see who it was, "Ryan?"

Confused, I looked at Jayden's uncomfortable face and then to Ryan.

He looked really bad. I mean, really bad! He didn't even have a jacket on and it's freezing outside!

"God! Ryan...", I said stepping outside, "What are you doing here? Where's your jacket? You must be freezing!"

"Nah I'm good", he rocked back and forth. "Um Hey, Jay. I knocked on your door but your dad sent me over here".

"You what?", Jayden stepped out of the house onto the porch with us and look over to his parent's house, only to see his father standing there, arms crossed and glaring at us disapprovingly.

Jayden and his father stared at each other for what seemed like a long moment until his father shook his head and went back into the house.

I could visibly see the anger growing in Jay, "Why would you knock on their door?!", Jayden almost yelled.

"You live there don't you?", taken back, Ryan asked.

"No! You fucking idio-",

"Jayden!", I cut him off, "That's enough. He didn't know..."

He stared at me for a moment and nodded his head. Not in an 'i understand' kind of way, but in a 'we'll talk about this later' way, and I knew that we would.

"Ryan, what do you need?", I asked him.

I watched him fidget and rock from side to side as he tried to form the words.

I haven't seen him in months. He and that girl Sara dropped out of school a while ago. Turns out he really was creeping around with her.

The Ryan that stood in front of me right now was different though. He looked really sick or something. Any and all muscle mass he had before was completely gone. I've never seen him so skinny. He looked like he was desperate for a meal.

And he was moving around too much. Why is he acting like that? What the hell is wrong with him?

My heart hammered in my chest. I was actually afraid for him. He wasn't right.

"I-i was wondering if I ca-can borrow some money off you?", he stuttered, "I prrr-promise I'll pay you back soon as I can".

Jayden chuckled humorlessly and shook his head.

"For what?", I asked, "Ryan where have you been? Have you been eating? What's going on?.. Some people think you're missing".

"He's on drugs Rose...", Jayden said, "They all disappear until they need something".

I looked at him like he was crazy. "What? Jayden doesn't say that!"

"I swear I'm not on drugs anymore!", Ryan said, "I've been clean for three weeks".

"What?!", I yelled, "Ryan are you serious?! What's wrong with you? Why would you do this to yourself?"

"I'm doing better! I swear I am! I need help Rose. I'm trying. I'm trying real hard", he insisted.

"Are you homeless?", I asked.

"No. I live with friends".

"Have you been eating?"

"Not really".

"Why?"

I could see his eyes water and that instantly broke my heart. Me being the cry baby I am, I teared up too.