001

Nanami sighed boredly as she slouched in her seat in class. She had already finished and turned in her work to the teacher with fifteen minutes of class time left. Idly, she twirled a mechanical pencil between her slender fingers. She licked her lips before tucking a strand of her brown hair behind her elf like ears.

She slowly raised her hair and waved it catching her teacher's attention, "Excuse me?" She asked in a courteous manner, "May I go to the restroom?" Nanami asked formally to her teacher.

Her teacher was too busy grading papers to take notice of her. He just grunted which was followed by a nod.

"Thank you." The Japanese student said with a smile and bowed down. She stood up straight and walked out of the door with her backpack knowing she won't walk back in that classroom for the rest of the day. She slouched back and rolled her eyes throwing her teacher a middle finger through the window. "Ugh." She groaned. "One whole year of that."

The truth was that Nanami didn't need to use the restroom. She had just wanted to roam around the school when no one could. She liked it when she was by herself.

Somehow, she found it calming when she heard her only footsteps walking down the hall. Nanami had always moved from place to place, she didn't really stay long enough to make friends. Not like she had cared anyway. Her parents, being the stereotypical business type, had raised her not to be dependent on others. She has been raised to do things herself.

It wasn't like she's never felt love before. Her parents didn't completely shun her, they were just too busy sometimes. But other times they had some great memories together.

She had broken out of her thoughts when she heard a loud slap. Being the nosy person she was, Nanami ran to that noise.

"Don't try to act innocent again, we know you're hiding it in your backpack."

She heard a voice. Nanami had her fingers grazing over the case of her phone. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and turned to her camera app. The nosy Japanese student started recording what was going down.

A boy with obviously dyed brown hair was towering over another boy with his hands covering his face. It was obvious that this was the stereotypical bully and nerd situation.

Nanami smiled thinking what she should caption it. "How about 'School system these day 😧'?" She thought to herself.

The boy who was on the ground trembling in fear saw someone's skirt from behind the building wall. He then noticed strands of hair sticking out then half a face.

"Y-you have a witness!" The boy exclaimed and pointed at Nanami with a shaky finger. Nanami felt her heart race. She didn't hesitate to turn around and start running in the other direction.

"Damn it." The bully started to run to Nanami. "Hey you!" He called out but Nanami wasn't stupid enough to stop on command, if anything she started to run faster. "This bitch..." The bully cursed as he stopped to take a breath.

Nanami took a sharp turn and leaned against the wall trying to hide herself as fast as she can. She placed her hand over her heart to feel how fast her heart raced.

The school bell rang which meant everyone would get out of class and go to their next one.

Nanami felt that she would be safe in a crowd of people and that the two people she encountered earlier would forget what she even looked like.

She had lost all hope when she saw the bully as she walked in the classroom.

Nanami panicked but didn't show it. She walked up to the teacher and gave them her schedule. "Miss Fujimoto?" The teacher asked as she mispronounced Nanami's last name. "Sit next to Joshua Hong, he's over there."

She looked over and saw an innocent looking boy wave at her.

For some reason his image just seemed to scream "Goody goody"

For some reason his image just seemed to scream "Goody goody". Of course Nanami wouldn't say anything like that though. She'd knew when to shut up. It wasn't until she noticed the bruise on his cheek when she'd realized he was the one who I got bullied earlier.

"Hi, I'm Jisoo but you can call me Joshua." The boy greeted with a welcoming smile.

Nanami smiled and nodded, "Fujimoto Nanami."

"Are you Japanese?" Joshua asked an obvious question.

"No shit sherlock." Nanami deadpanned ruining her good girl image to Joshua.

Joshua had a shocked look, it was the first time he'd seen someone with an innocent face curse. He just smiled innocently, "What's your class schedule?"

"Dipshit you don't need to know." Nanami said.

Joshua pursed his lips, "Why were you recording?" He asked.

Nanami froze up for a moment before regaining her cool, "You must've confused me with someone else."

"Your skirt." Joshua said. "Ours is longer and has patterns while yours is plain, you're the only person with that skirt. When I saw  someone pop their head out their skirt was showing..." Joshua pointed out.

(Nanami's skirt on the left, regular school uniform on the right

(Nanami's skirt on the left, regular school uniform on the right.)

Nanami bit her lip, "So?"

"So that meansㅡ"

"Just shut up." Nanami snarled.

It wasn't long before a boy with brown hair walked up to Joshua and tossed the classwork at him. "I want it done by the end of the class." He said.

Nanami furrowed her eyebrows as Joshua nodded and wrote the boy's name at the top. 'Chan'.

"What the hell?" Nanami said. She took the papers from Joshua and threw it to Chan. "Do your own work asshat."

Chan was shocked for a little bit and it soon transitioned to anger. He took large steps to Nanami. "Listen here, since you clearly look new here I'll let you off the hook. Just don't do it again." He practically growled but it didn't intimidated Nanami.

Nanami made a disgusted face, "Hoe this isn't some cliche Korean drama. Now take your work back and leave." Chan huffed off and left the two alone.

Joshua stared flabbergasted at Nanami. "How did you stand up to him?!"

Nanami shrugged, "He seemed as harmless as a puppy." She forgot to mention that her family was rich and if Chan laid a hand on her, he would face hell.

Joshua stared with a wide eye, "How about I show you around the city? Since you're still new. It'll be a thank you from me also."

Nanami shrugged, "Sure."