016

Chan couldn't believe his eyes. Nanami was there in the morning with Joshua. Joshua cracked a joking making Nanami laugh and lightly punch his arm. Had she forgotten what Chan had said about him? Did she forget her promise to him? Chan couldn't lie, this left a bitter feeling inside of him.

He felt the betrayal from the false hope Nanami had given him. Either way, Nanami broke her promise and chose Joshua over Chan. Chan kept his normal intimidating scowl on his face as if this didn't hurt him, but it did. He sneered at the two and walked away.

But Eunhee watched from a distance as Chan showed emotion towards the two. She used to be friends with both Chan and Joshua. She used to be friends with Yoonhui. It struck her that a bit of Nanami resembled Yoonhui.

She'd saw how much emotion Chan had showed towards Nanami, she was most likely important to him. She just wanted to help an old friend out.

Eunhee followed Nanami and Joshua until Nanami excused herself to go to the girls restroom, Eunhee followed her inside. "Hey." Eunhee greeted with a wave.

Nanami waved back and mumbled a "hey" back.

"So." Eunhee gave a whistle and looked around.

"How have you been? Since the Jihoon and cheating incident?" Nanami asked suddenly.

Eunhee felt a pang in her chest. She had been recovering over the fact that her ex Jihoon cheated on her but somehow it always seems to come back to haunt her. Eunhee nonetheless smiled back and lied that she was fine.

"How are you and Chan- I mean Joshua." Eunhee felt conflicted on who to ask about.

Nanami shrugged, "Fine? I don't know..." She didn't know whether to trust Eunhee, apparently Eunhee was there with them when Yoonhui was around. Maybe she had the answers Nanami needed.

"Do you know about Yoonhui?" Eunhee asked suddenly and straightforward, she figured it was best to not waste each other's time.

Nanami opened her mouth only to hesitate. She didn't know who's story to believe. "A bit." Nanami answered.

"How much do you know?" Eunhee asked.

"Half? I think..." Nanami answered, "Honestly, I don't know who's story is the real story..."

"I'd trust Chan." Eunhee advised. "Joshua isn't an innocent guy, plus Chan wouldn't lie about his cousin."

Nanami felt a tightening in her chest. A guilty feeling overwhelming her. She'd chosen Joshua over Chan, she believed the wrong person.

"J-... Joshua killed Yoonhui-..." Nanami choked out making sure to confirm it with Eunhee.

Eunhee shrugged, "Well not exactly, but he influenced it..."

"Why are you even telling me this?" Nanami asked.

Because Eunhee could've saved Yoonhui.

All those times when Yoonhui felt alone, Eunhee watched. Eunhee didn't think to help Yoonhui in her darkest times, and she failed as a friend.

She felt the guilt of being so close to saving Yoonhui but failing.

Because she wants to help Chan.

Chan needs Nanami. He used to only have his original friends and Yoonhui, but they all left. Nanami needs to heal him. She can fix him.

Eunhee shrugged and squished the corner of her lips. "You saved me from boy troubles so I figured I should do the same. Let's be friends."

"Sure."

Was Eunhee a friend Nanami could count on?

Joshua was already proven to be a liar. How would she confront him?