017

Both Nanami and Joshua walked side by side on their way back home. No one walked, both were in their train of thoughts.

How would she confront him?

The one question floating though Nanami's mind. She'd wanted to wait until the right time, but looking back she's missed at least three opportunities. How would she even know Joshua would tell the truth. When she tried to confront him the last time he didn't confess. Would he confess this time? Well it's a first time for everything.

Joshua lightly tapped Nanami's shoulder knocking her out of her trance. "Is something troubling you?" Joshua asked with that sweet smile that's tricked her since the beginning.

Nanami bit her lip. Is this the opportunity she's looking for? She sucked up a big breath mustering up enough courage. "Did you date Yoonhui in the past?" She figured this was the easiest question to explain all her questions.

Joshua stopped walking and stared at Nanami. He took a deep breath, "Yoon-" He looked up at the sky then back at Nanami. It was hard for him to even say her name "Yoonhui? Nanami I thought we already went through this."

"Don't play the victim Joshua." Nanami retorted. She took a step closer with confidence to show she wasn't scared of him, when inside she was freaking out. "Did you, or did you not, date Lee Yoonhui?" She clarified her question.

Joshua looked away once more before looking back at Nanami. He shoved his hands in his front pocket and looked off to the side.

He's nervous

"Maybe." Nanami shot Joshua a stare which had his break. "Okay fine, yes I dated Yoonhui but only for a few months."

He confessed

Nanami felt a bit of satisfaction and sorrow from his words. He confessed, but then the story was true.

He was not innocent

"So you murdered Yoonhui." Nanami stated.

Joshua's expressed changed. He suddenly looked Nanami straight in the eyes. "What? No-" He asked in a small voice.

Denial

"What?" He raised his voice. He gradually got angry. "How dare you! I loved Yoonhui! I wouldn't- I wouldn't do that to her!"

Anger

"I would never hurt her. I love Yoonhui... I want her back. I'd do anything to get her back." His tone was pitiful.

Bargaining

Joshua realized what he's done and is in tears. "I would never murder her. She trusted me! She told me stories. She- she-... She was too good for me, I didn't deserve her."

Depression

"And now she's gone." Joshua had now noticed the fountain of tears his eyes spouted out.

Acceptance

Nanami couldn't believe her eyes. She'd managed to get Joshua to confess. "And now she's gone because she trusted you but you let her down."

"N-no I didn't do it." Joshua took a step back from Nanami. "I didn't mean to-."

"Joshua-"

Nanami couldn't finish. Joshua had slapped Nanami across the face.

Is this how Yoonhui felt?

"S-shut up!" Joshua shouted.

Nanami sucked up a breath of air and mustered enough strength to lift her closest leg up. She then swung it and kicked Joshua in the baby maker. She got that Joshua was grieving but that didn't give him an excuse to hit her, or anyone in fact.

Nanami huffed a breath of air before leaving Joshua who was curled up in a ball holding his throbbing member.