014

Nanami didn't mind comforting Chan. It wasn't necessarily awkward between them, he was grieving. She wanted to help. Her arm hung down as the other patted his back. Chan stood up and hung his head low with his arms around her body. He had to bend his head a little into the crook of her neck.

It was a while before Chan calmed down. The two sat down quietly on the small worn out couch.

"So." Nanami started off. "I guess I'll have no more friends left at this school if I confront Joshua." She let out a dry laugh. She wouldn't mine being alone, she just didn't prefer it.

"You have me." Chan answered.

Nanami looked in Chan's eyes and saw him holding a serious face.

Oh, he wasn't joking.

"You aren't going to mind?" Nanami furrowed her eyebrows.

Chan shrugged, "I don't hang out with many people, plus you said you were only going to stay for a while, right?"

Nanami licked her lips and nodded, she totally forgot about her agreement with her father. Chan continued, "I don't mind getting to know you more before you leave." Chan flashed a gummy smile at her.

Nanami couldn't stop herself from smiling. "Then I'll hang out with you more."

"Promise?" He asked

"I promise." Nanami answered.