006

Nanami walked down the hallways of the school. Today was a bit different, she arrived at school earlier due to transportation issues. However, Nanami didn't mind. She just listened to music through her earbuds.

Chan had texted her interrupting her favorite song.

99.LChan:
I did the task

ㅡHotPotatoes:
I saw

ㅡHotPotatoes:
That's it for now

"Good morning Nanami."

The petite girl jolted up at the sudden disruption. She looked and saw Joshua with his ethereal smile.

His eye smiles had always stuck out to Nanami, she kept focusing on those the most. That was her favorite part of his smile.

"Good morning." Nanami's eyes roamed around and stopped at the small purple bruise on the side of Joshua's face. "How's your cheek?" She asked.

Curiously, Nanami stuck her hand out and placed it on the side of Joshua's face ghosting her thumb over his bruise. Although she barely touched him, Joshua felt heat rush to his cheeks. Nanami had a small smirk on her face. She had wanted to test things out and see how Joshua would've reacted if she pulled a cliche scene from an overrated movie.

Joshua stuttered and took steps back, "I-It-... It's fi-fine."

Nanami raised her eyebrow, "Are you sure?" She asked more seriously.

Joshua nodded, "It's not like it was the first time this has happened before, Chan has always been like this for as long as I could remember."

Nanami sighed, "Chan's just an asshole."

Joshua snorted and refrained from laughing. "You're right." He said quietly.

-

The small boy sped down the hallway trying not to notice the glared directed towards him.

"Hey Jihoon!"

An angry voice shouted. Jihoon looked at his friend. His face held a scowl which was irregular considering Seokmin always had a smile.

"Hi Seokmin." Jihoon greeted his friend.

"Don't hit me with that bullshit." Seokmin snapped. "Why did you do that to Eunhee!" Seokmin grabbed the smaller one by the collar and shook him.

Jihoon had guilt written on his face, "I-... I'm sorry. I-I don't even know how it got out... I just-..."

Seokmin scoffed, "What're you going to do?"

Jihoon shrugged, "I have to talk to her first... before Eunhee sees the video."

Seokmin pushed Jihoon towards the rooftop. "Well she's where she normally is..."

Jihoon nodded gratefully. "Th-thanks."

Seokmin nodded, "But don't hurt her any more after this-"

"I know." Jihoon said suddenly before rushing to the rooftops to see his girlfriend.

He stopped at the figure in front of him. She stood there, tall and petite in the sunlight. Her hair dancing in the wind. Her back was turned to him.

Jihoon but his lip composing himself. He took a deep breath and cleared his throat grabbing Eunhee's attention.

Jihoon walked closer to her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Good morning Eunhee." He managed to say in his normally soft voice.

"Jihoo-" Eunhee couldn't finish her word without her voice cracking. She turned around and wiped her tears from her puffy eyes.

Jihoon felt his heart plummet, "Eunhee I can explain..." Jihoon trailed off and waited for Eunhee to interrupt him, but she stayed completely silent. She wanted to hear every bit of his excuse, she wanted to find a reason to forgive him. Eunhee hoped this was a misunderstanding, but it wasn't.

Jihoon stayed silent with his hand still resting on her shoulder.

Eunhee lightly shrugged his hand off. Her cheeks had streams of tears coming down. Eunhee's hair was dishevelled from the wind and stuck to her face. She sniffles from her runny red nose.

"Did you ever love me?" Eunhee breaks the silence.

Jihoon feels his heart break, his throat seemed to close up and his lips sealed.

He wanted to answer, but he couldn't.

"I see." Eunhee nods and turns around on her heels.

Jihoon was quick to grab her arm. "I did- I still do." He said hastily. "I originally felt attracted to your body." He confessed, "Then I ended falling in love with your personality."

Eunhee felt tears sting her eyes.

"I love you still, your bright smile. Your ambitious and competitive ways. Your love and priority for education. Your playfulness. How you're always laid back and just fun to talk to, I just love you." Jihoon said sincerely.

"So if I wasn't like that you wouldn't love me?" Eunhee asked.

"No, I love you for you." Jihoon answered as he held her hand.

Eunhee yanked back her hand, "Then I'll make sure I'm the exact opposite so it'll be easier to get over me."

"Wait Eunhee that's not what I meantㅡ"

It was too late, Eunhee was already out of the door.