012

Joshua stared in shock as he processed the information he was being told. Nanami felt a bit guilty about telling him Chan's secret even though Chan did nothing to provoke her yet. But she wanted Joshua to understand.

Nanami took a deep breath after she finished explaining. Joshua stood widely in front of her. His lips twitched and his fists clenched. "So you wanted Chan beat me up when you could've stopped him..."

"Yes, but-"

"Nanami, whatever you said can't change anything. I got beat up because of you. I suffered because of you! I thought you were my friend!" Joshua's voice gradually grew louder and more furious a vein was visable on his forehead, "It would've been different if you didn't have anything to stop him. But you could've."

"Joshuaㅡ"

"Just forget it." Joshua interrupted Nanami and walked away. "I guess our friendship is over." He muttered.

Nanami stared up at her room ceiling blankly. She should've kept quiet. Now she's lost her only friend.

It wasn't long before the doorbell rang. Nanami jolted up. Would would be here at this hour?

She hurried only to the front door. A small part of her anticipated for it to be Joshua ready to forgive her but that wasn't the case.

Chan stood in behind the door with a furious faze. "Oh, it's only you..." Nanami rolled her eyes ready to shut the door before Chan held the door open.

He pushed the door wide open and held Nanami by the collar of her shirt aggressively. "What the hell did you tell Joshua?" Chan growled.

How did he know?

"I-... wha-... what?" Nanami felt her chest tighten with fear.

Chan shook her, "You know what you did now just confess god damn it!" Chan raised his voice. "What exactly did you tell him?!"

Nanami licked her suddenly dry lips and stared at the ground avoiding Chan's stare, "Everything."

"You idiot." Chan let go of her shirt and pushed her away. "Fuck!" He cursed and punched the nearest thing to him which was a wall. "You fucking idiot." He repeated.

He went for another punch which caused Nanami to flinch. She wanted to run out and hopefully be able to call the cops but her legs couldn't move. Nanami Fujimoto was frozen with fear. She could only imagine what horrid things would happen to her. She feared being punched by Chan, or anyone basically.

Chan punched the wall a few more times until his fists were bloody and bruised and the wall was dented. He turned back and saw the smaller girl weeping quietly in place. Suddenly his expression changed into worry, would she press charges on him after this incident? He was suddenly knocked out of his angry state.

"H-hey." Chan tried to speak softly and placed a hand on Nanami's shoulder. Nanami jolted in place and trembled at his touch. Chan noticed and retracted his hand away from her. "There's something you should know." He spoke in a tone polar opposite from his recent one. "Joshua isn't the saint you make him out to be."

Nanami wiped her tears from her face, "What do you mean?"

"He's blackmailing me."