019

"Nanami?" Chan asked puzzled at her arrival. "Why are you here?"

"I want to apologize." Nanami said straight up. "I'm sorry for breaking my promise with you. I regret it. I just-... I should've trusted you and-"

"What's on your face." Chan placed his hand over the red hand print on Nanami's face. "Did Joshua do this?" Nanami flinched thinking she'd feel a sting but instead she didn't feel anything, it was numb. His hand felt warm on her cheek. Nanami liked this feeling.

Nanami pulled away, "Why do you even care?"

"We're still fake dating right?" Chan asked a rhetorical question. "I can't let my girlfriend get hurt like that. Especially by Joshua." Chan said it as if it was common but Nanami was freaking out.

She heart felt like it would burst out of her chest. She liked it.

She asked a sudden question to change the subject. "Why are you afraid of people knowing your secret? It doesn't seem so bad. You chose to get this job."

"I don't like to be bossed around, it would be worse if people from school found out. They'd come to see me dance in the costume or force me to do stuff so I can keep my salary. This job is high paying, I can support my drug loving mother and myself with this. I also have enough to save up to leave this hell hole."

"Leave?" Nanami asked.

"I hate this place. I want to travel the world instead. Where no one knows me or my past." Chan ranted.

"Chan, I moved almost every three months ever since I was seven years old, trust me, it fucking sucks. I hate being that 'new girl' in town. I would sometimes wish my parents weren't as successful so I could stay back at home and they could spend time with me, as an actual family." Nanami confessed her true feelings. "I just want to be with everyone back at home, but I don't have a home for long."

"That doesn't even sound bad, you get chances to start over. Here, I see people hold things against me from years ago, I see my friends turn against me and change, people become more fake and lose their humanity. I fucking saw my mother become a drug addict." Chan clenched his hands. "She doesn't even love me anymore, she doesn't try to change. The only time she'll show affection is when she comes over ever month to beg for money."

Nanami stood there for a while. Maybe she had it easy? But they both carried their own hardships. It shouldn't be a competition on who's more depressed, they both were.

"Chan I know this sounds crazy but... let's leave."

Maybe they can start over

Chan's eyes widened, in shock and excitement. "Are you crazy?! I can't just leave all of the sudden. I haven't even graduated highschool yet!"

"Only for a day or two." Nanami added. "We both need a break."

Chan couldn't agree any more