020

Joshua sighed and poured the hot water into his unhealthy dinner, instant ramen. He'd been thinking about Nanami and the incident a few hours ago. How will he make it up to her? Should he even talk to her?

"Hey!"

Joshua turned to the origin of the voice and almost dropped the hot pot containing boiling hot water. "Yoonhui?"

Yoonhui had her hand sassily resting at her hip as she leaned on one side. "You jerk. It's not good to hit girls, I thought I already taught you that?" Yoonhui let a sigh escape her lips. "You should apologize. Nanami seems like a nice girl." Yoonhui continued her lecture but Joshua zoned out.

Joshua only stood there, bewildered. He'd wanted this to be real so badly. But he knew that this wasn't Yoonhui, this was a hallucination. But Joshua still stood there, on the verge of tears. She was wearing the outfit she was found dead almost a year ago.

Yoonhui finished her lecture and noticed the hot ramen behind Joshua. Her gaze softened. "Jisoo." She said softly as she took small steps towards him. "Baby, things will get better. I promise." She reached her arm out.

Joshua closed his eyes anticipating to feel her touch again. He wanted her warmth around him. He just wanted Yoonhui back. Joshua only felt the wind blow past his hair from the open window nearby. When Joshua opened his eyes, Yoonhui was gone. There was no trace of her.

"W-wait! Yoonh- Yoonhui." Joshua choked out his sob. Tears pouring out. "I'm sorry! Please, come back. I'm-"

Joshua realized it was useless, nothing could bring her back.

His sadness soon turned into anger. Anger at Yoonhui, anger at everyone, anger at himself

He starts to clench his tight fists and throw a fit. Joshua threw things. He threw his instant ramen at a wall. He threw the hot pot at the same spot. Joshua took deep breaths.

Joshua collapsed to the floor. He clutched onto his shirt and wept. He cried so much his shirt was nearly soaked.

He started to feel light headed.

Joshua's eyelids grew heavy. He slowly grew more and more exhausted. "I'm so sorry Yoonhui."

italics is the flashback while normal text is like a narration

Joshua's side of the story ㅡ

We met from Chan. One day he brought over his cousin Yoonhui. She looked scared, mostly because of me. I couldn't understand why. She seemed fun to play with but it seemed like I had restrictions due to her being a family member of Chan's. I was the first to approach her.

"Who's this?" I asked pointing at the unfamiliar girl next to Chan. I faked a smile, "What's your name?"

"Yo-Yoonhui." She stuttered before compacting her body closer.

I only laughed, "There's no need to feel scared."

To be honest, I never planned to talk to you or form a bond ever since then. Yoonhui seemed a bit cliche and boring at first. But that wasn't until we had so many coincidences that forced us together. Like that bus incident.

"Sorry buddy, you don't have enough for the bus ride. You gotta walk home and I recommend now before it's late." The bus driver told me.

"Please." I begged out, "I take this bus alot, you know I'll pay you back."

The bus driver only clicked his tongue. "The rules are rules."