036

Joshua cocked an eyebrow, "Nanami?" He was confused by her sudden appearance in front of his front door.

Nanami's body spoke before she could. Nanami shoved the letter in front of Joshua's face. "I'm letting you explain yourself."

Joshua didn't need anymore context. He simply smiled and welcomed Nanami in. "I'm glad." He said softly before closing the door behind her.

"So," Nanami plopped onto the small couch against the wall. "Start from the beginning."

Joshua suddenly felt something inside of him shake, he felt a churn in his stomach. This was the first time he's been asked to give his side of the story, the moment he's been waiting for. It felt unreal. It felt nerve-wracking.

"I love her, I really do." Joshua started off. "I fell for Yoonhui." He said. "She was different from anyone else I've ever met. But she was peer pressured into doing something bad so I decided to leave her." Joshua gulped, "I needed a way for her to hate me. But my decision instead made it worst. She acted as if she hated me, but she still loved me. I wanted to distance myself away and seem colder but that clearly backfired." Joshua choked a sob out.

Nanami decided to stop him right there. She placed her hand on top of his shoulder, "You, my friend need a beer. It numbs the pain, for a while at least."

Joshua forced a small smile. "Don't you think I've already tried that?"

It didn't matter what Joshua said, by evening the two were gulping down bottles of cheap liquor store beer. They both ranted on and on about every deep seated issue.

"Have you ever visited Yoonhui? Her grave I mean." Nanami asked.

Joshua sucked his lips in and shook his head, "I don't feel worthy enough to go there." Joshua sighed and finished the remnants of his drink hearing Nanami mutter a small 'you should'. "Do you ever regret moving here and meeting Chan?"

Nanami shrugged, "Not really. I'm glad I met someone like Eunhee and you're not so bad. Chan... he's another story." She tapped her index finger lightly on the old wooden table across from Joshua. "I want to forget him and lose these feelings for him. But I'm somewhat glad I met him and felt the emotions he's given me."

Joshua nodded. It was almost similar with him and Yoonhui. "Relatable."

Joshua tilted and swirled the bottom of his bottle on the table. "I just want to forget for a while at least but I can't bring myself to get over her."

The two teenagers looked at each other for a while, deep in their thoughts. It was as if they both read each other's mind coming up with the same idea. They both leaned in closer and connected their lips together.

Joshua was the first to pull apart from the kiss. His eyes were clouded with lust. In his eyes he saw Yoonhui instead of Nanami. He saw Yoonhui's sweet delicate face in front of him. The innocence of her doe like eyes. Her brown hair cascading down to her shoulders. Her small and soft lips slightly apart. Joshua wrapped his arms around Nanami and kissed her again believing it was Yoonhui.

He wanted her back. Everything seemed like Yoonhui. But her kiss was different. Her touch wasn't the same. Her warmth was far from Yoonhui's.

Joshua pulled back and stared back in disgust. "I-I'm so sorry. I just-" Nanami hushed Joshua with a fat peck on the lips and pulled him in deeper. Her motive was to get her mind off of Chan.

Nanami knew he doesn't like her, and Joshua knew she doesn't like him. But this took the pain away. The two needed each other to distract the pain temporarily, even if it was just for the night.

A/n:
Huehe Summer break is coming up soon for my school and I only have a few chances to talk to my crush before he goes back to China for the Summer °^°

I'm somehow going to get enough courage to ask for a photo together and hug him on the last day of school hopefully which is going to be less than a week away LOL