013

"Wh- what do you mean by he's blackmailing you? Joshua would never-..." Nanami took a deep breath and looked at Chan waiting for him to explain.

Chan had an expression of sincerity in his tone, his eyes seemed to plead at Nanami to believe her. "It's time you learned about his past."

"He was an alcoholic, a bully, a smoker, and worse of all?" Chan's face grew dark. "A murderer."

.. [The italics will be a flashback while the regular text will be Chan somewhat narrating it]

"Joshua was one of the most well known people at school, he was known for beating people up. Everyone would catch him smoking with a cigarette down the halls but no one would report it or be shocked because it was a normal thing. Now back then Joshua was known for also being a fuckboy, it was like a hobby for him to see brokenhearted girls running down the halls regretting their choices of letting him come in their lives. He gained a love for that. It was all a game. That all changed, when he met Yoonhui."

Chan walked down the halls with Yoonhui following besides, "And that's your science room." He guided. The two saw Chan's regular group of friends which contained two boys. Joshua and Jihoon.

Joshua was the first to speak. "Who's this?" Joshua gestured toward Yoonhui who took a step back shyly. Joshua only smiled sweetly having ideas of her as a prey in mind. "What's your name?" He asked sweetly.

"Yo-Yoonhui." Yoonhui stuttered out suddenly pushing her legs closer and bringing her arms close to her body.

Joshua laughed, "There's no need to feel scared."

"But Yoonhui was deathly afraid of Joshua."

His whole appearance made her shiver. The cigarette bud between his two slender fingers. His devilish smirk. His dark eyes. His messy and dark brown hair. His intimidating loose clothes.

"I regret introducing them."

"This is my cousin Yoonhui, she's new here." Chan explained.

Joshua licked his lips and eyed Yoonhui up and down, she didn't look bad. "Where are you from?" He asked.

"Canada." She answered shortly.

Jihoon laughed along with his hands around his girlfriend Eunhee. "Well you'll love it here. Just stay away from Joshua." He advised.

"She never followed Jihoon's advice. With every passing day at school, they grew closer. Yoonhui fell in love with Joshua. Everyone assumed Joshua had felt the same because he's done something he's never done with other girls. He stopped. Joshua quit smoking, he stopped flirting with other girls, he was less motivated to cause chaos throughout the school. Joshua became soft, all because of Yoonhui. She changed him. She was the only girl he'd dated to want the best for him."

Yoonhui smiled at Joshua who had his arms wrapped protectively around her smaller frame.

"Well look at you two." Jihoon teased.

"Gross, that's my cousin." Chan wrinkled his face only to have Yoonhui laugh.

Joshua liked that, he liked her laugh. He liked her company. He liked her warmth. He liked her.

"Get a room!" Jihoon said disgusted before getting a light hit on the back of his head by Eunhee who only laughed in reply.

"It's not like you've never done that to me." Eunhee retorted.