Chapter 9

The two of them walked down near where we were standing and the giant man seemed to notice there were other people there for the first time. He spotted Severus and made his way over. Severus was standing looking the other way oblivious.

I touched his shoulder and said, "People are coming over, is that okay?"

He saw the two of them and his entire body stiffened slightly, "Play along," he hissed at me.

The tall man extended his hand towards Severus saying, "Well hello there Professor Snape. What are you doing here?"

"I am here taking Miss Wallwirt for her stuff per Dumbledore's request. And you?"

"I'm taking young Harry Potter for his things."

He turned to Harry and said, "This is Professor Snape, he'll be teaching your Potions classes at Hogwarts."

At this the boy stuck his hand out and said, "Well hello then Professor, Potions seems interesting."

Severus took his hand into his own and shook it slightly before letting it go quickly.

Severus said, "Hagrid, may I talk to you for a moment about getting the you-know-what out of the vault."

Hagrid smiled at Harry saying, "I'm going to talk to Professor Snape for a moment, you should get to know Miss Wallwirt, I assume she will be in your year."

He nodded and the two men walked a little ways down out of earshot.

The boy didn't say anything so I said, "My name is Jessica," I held out my hand.

He looked relieved and shook it saying, "Mine's Harry, Harry Potter."

"Cool. So are you excited for Hogwarts?"

He said, "Yes I am."

There was an awkward silence that he filled saying, "Why aren't you asking me a bunch of questions about He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named? Everyone seems to be. Not that I'm not glad you aren't because I am. It gets annoying when everyone knows more about you then you know about yourself."

"I had read about you in a book but I figured that since you were a baby you wouldn't remember and you wouldn't want any of that brought up on such a happy day," I replied honestly smiling.

"Oh well thank you," he said returning my smile.

"Do you know what house you want to be in yet?" I asked trying to be polite.

"I don't really know. I just found out I was a wizard today and so far I really don't know anything."

I said, "Oh well that stinks. Magic is so interesting. I just found I was a witch yesterday."

"Oh cool, do you have any clue what the two of them are talking about?" he asked jerking his head towards Severus and Hagrid.

"I have no clue. It probably isn't something we are supposed to know if they wanted to talk about it in private."

"Well that just makes me want to know even more," Harry said.

"Same here but nothing we can do about it without looking suspicious. Who is that man that is taking you around?"

"Oh he's Hagrid. He is the gamekeeper at Hogwarts. He came to tell me I was a wizard and took me here to get all my things."

"Oh so perhaps we will see him at Hogwarts."

"I think we will, "he said answered my rhetorical question.

The two men started to walk over to us and I smiled at Harry saying, "I hope to see you soon at Hogwarts. Have a good day."