Chapter 32

Once he was gone Blake coughed and said, "You're related to him somehow? You guys look a lot alike now that I think about it."

I nodded happy that I didn't have to start this conversation, "He's my father."

"Really? Why aren't you in Slytherin then? No offense of course but normally families are in the same house."

I shrugged and said, "I don't know. I'm just glad I'm in Gryffindor I like it more than I think I would like Slytherin regardless of what house he was in."

Blake nodded and said, "Was he mad? My parents would be so mad if I didn't get into Slytherin."

I shook my head, "No he wasn't upset at all."

"That's good. I assume you live with him and not your mother? The scars you showed me looked pretty old."

I tried to start then fumbled with my words until I finally said, "Well I lived with my mother until a week before my 11th birthday when she kicked me out to live with Severus. Now I'm living with him."

"That's good that you don't have to see her anymore. I wish I never had to see either one of my parents; especially my father."

"You could get disowned on purpose," I suggested, "I don't know how that would work but once you are old enough to get a job you could just get disowned on purpose so you don't have to be with them."

He nodded and said, "I've already thought about that. Once I am old enough to get a job I'll move out of the house anyways and they won't be able to hurt me then."

I nodded, "That makes sense."

He nodded but didn't respond. This led to an awkward silence filing the space between us.

I figured it was my turn to start an attempt at conversation, "Do you think you'll be safe going back to Slytherin? If everyone liked this Wilkes guy they might not like you."

He shrugged and said, "Nope. No one liked him. Everyone was afraid of him for sure but no one liked him aside from a few guys. I'll be fine."

I nodded and said, "Okay that's good."

"Yep."

I was thinking about something else to say when my father burst into the room.

"I got the two of them and brought them up to the Headmaster's office. You can come up if you so desire."

I beamed at him and said, "Great thanks."

He started to walk down the hall. Blake and I followed behind him all the way over to where the Headmaster's office was. He said Lemon Drops and much to Blake's surprise a staircase appeared. We took it up to where a large oak door was there closed.

Severus stopped in front of it, took a deep breath and knocked loudly.

"Come in," came Dumbledore's voice.

He pushed the door open violently and walked into Dumbledore's office. Blake and I followed behind him carefully. I saw Draco and a boy I recognized from Blake's memory to the side of the room. Draco looked scared and the other boy glared at Blake.

Severus walked up to Dumbledore who was questioning the two students and said, "I brought up Mr. Cox and Miss Wallwirt to help explain, or in Miss Wallwirt's case; moral support."

He looked past Dumbledore at the two boys and glared at each of them in turn. Draco drew back under his gaze and the other boy looked smug.

Dumbledore waved his hand and a row of chairs were conjured, "Please let us all sit down and talk."