Chapter 46

Hermione looked dubious then said, "Fine I'll help, but if we get in trouble I'll... I don't know yet but it'll be bad."

"Okay now we just wait for him to come eat," I said.

Two minutes later at exactly 6:40 Severus came in with his cloak billowing behind him and sat down to eat at the Staff Table.

I motioned for my friends to follow me so we got up and left.

Once outside the Great Hall I said, "Okay let's go."

On the way down I was contemplating how I was going to tell Severus to come down quickly and make the gash on his leg obvious.

We got to his classroom and it was locked. I said a few charms and it opened. We went to the back of the classroom and into his office.

I rubbed my hands together, "Okay let's get to work. It's just like the charm we're working on in Charms."

I still wasn't sure how I was going to tell Severus and Blake seemed to notice, "Hey Jessica, should we do the whole classroom too?"

I shrugged while smiling at him, "Sure. Me and you will cover the classroom while you guys work on his office."

"Okay," Ron said while concentrating on making his large wooden chair bubblegum pink.

I walked into the other part of his classroom and thanked Blake.

I made my Patronus appear and told it to deliver a message to my father.

The message said: Hey Dad. It's Jessica. Me, Blake, Harry, Ron and Hermione are all in your office now. I told them we are playing a prank on you. Come down quickly and make your leg really obvious. I'm going to tell them to hide then have you just catch me. Then we're going to leave to talk to Dumbledore; say I'm going to get detention or something. That way they can leave and not get in trouble because I told them to do this so they could see the gash in your leg.

I sent it off and turned to Blake. We worked on making the room pink, working slowly and deliberately so we could tell when he was going to arrive.

Within 10 minutes the door started to glow red so I ran over to his office while telling Blake to hide.

"Guys, he's here really early. Get down and hide. I'll take the blame, just in case."

They all nodded and hid themselves behind objects and under the desk.

The door opened and I made it look like I was working on turning something else pink.

He pretended not to notice me and was looking at his leg. He walked right past me looking at his leg and into his office. He put his leg on the table and rolled the pant leg up.

He muttered, "That damn dog nearly tore my leg off. I swear I'm going to kill Quirell one of these days. I don't know why Albus is letting it stay here, he can just get something else to protect the bloody stone."

He looked up to get something to help his leg and finally saw his room.

He turned back to the classroom and saw that it was also pink. He pretended to finally see me and pulled his pants back down quickly.

"What are you doing Jessica?" he said menacingly.

"Uh redecorating?" I said meekly.

"You are not allowed to tell anyone about anything you think you just heard. Are you here alone or do you have your friends with you?"

I said, "It's just me, they didn't want you to get mad at them."

"Oh I'm mad alright. Come on young lady, we're going to see the Headmaster to see what punishment he sees fit to this."

I tried the old, "But Daaad, it's not even hard to undo."

"Don't try that on me, come on we're going."

He walked out of the door quickly and before I followed him I caught Blake's eye and winked. I knew he got my message so I followed after Severus.

He walked up the stairs before he spoke and even then it was quietly, "That was brilliant thinking Jessica. Let's go to the Headmaster's office and tell him that Harry and your other friends know about my leg and that I mentioned the dog."

I nodded so we walked up to the Headmaster's office. Any kids we passed gave me a sympathetic look and I just made a face at Severus in return.

Once inside Dumbledore's office we all sat together and he asked, "To what do I owe this pleasure Severus? And of course Miss Wallwirt?"

Severus said, "Well I know you have been wanting me to make Harry believe it is I that is trying to steal the stone so Jessica brought them into my office saying it was for a prank. I pretended to catch her as they hid but not before they saw my leg and heard me mutter about that blasted dog."

He peered at me over his small spectacles and said, "That was very smart of you Miss Wallwirt."

I looked down and blushed, "Thank you sir."

"Well now we just have to wait for young Mr. Potter to get curious and try to follow you around Severus. I want you to look as suspicious as possible. I'm sure he won't tell Jessica that he believes you're trying to steal the stone so Jessica you'll need to watch over him and follow Harry a bit. If you think he's spying on Severus tell your father so he can look as shifty as possible."

I nodded, "I will do my best sir."

My father said slowly, "I will as well Albus, but why do you want Harry to believe it's me? I believe it's Voldemort trying to steal the stone. Perhaps Quirell is under the Imperius curse or something."

"All will be revealed in due time but I know I do not want Harry believing it is Quirell trying to steal the stone because he won't take that as a real threat."

Severus shrugged and said, "Sometimes I wonder how much you really know Albus, but I will continue to keep my promise and watch over Mr. Potter."

"Thank you," Dumbledore replied inclining his head forward slightly.

I spoke up, "What do I tell everyone happened? They are going to want to know how much trouble I got in."

Dumbledore nodded his head and said, "I had already thought of that and I thought you would tell them you have detention with me AND professor Snape every Sunday evening including this one for 2 months. During this time we could just touch base and see what you have each learned. For tonight you could tell them you also had an extra detention."

I nodded, "Okay that sounds good sir."

"Well if that's all you two can go down to your office and do what you want. That way they won't be suspicious. You can tell them you had to change his office back to normal if you think that would suffice."

I nodded, "Okay I will. Thanks for your time sir."

He nodded and I followed my father out of the room and down to the dungeons again. Once inside his room he looked around and started to laugh.