Chapter 40

"That would be cool but a lot of the older students can already do that. I want to do something a lot of people can't do to prove I actually know what I'm doing," I said.

He nodded and said, "So you're an animagus? What animal can you turn into?"

I said, "Any animal I want."

"Really! That's so cool. I didn't know you could be an animagus for more than one animal."

"Most people can't. It seems as though Jessica has surprised everyone once again."

I laughed and said, "You should have seen everyone's faces when I did my first transformation. McGonagall looked like she was going to pass out and I was just was standing there freaking out because I thought I was going to get in trouble or something."

He laughed and replied, "I would have killed to see that!"

"Yeah it was pretty funny. After that no one would tell me what was going on and then they freaked out again when I told them of turning into a snake. Then they had me change into a dog."

"That's so awesome. I wish I could change into an animal. Can you change into a dog for me?"

I nodded then focused on becoming a golden retriever once again. I felt my skin turn into fur and my body begin to shrink. With my enhanced eyesight I could see everything Blake and my father were doing. I was suddenly very aware of all the alcohol in his desk. Blake crouched down and smiled.

"That is so cool," he said in awe.

Severus had already seen me transform into a dog but he smiled down at me laughing slightly at Blake. He had put his hand out to pet me on instinct and pulled away blushing when he realized what he was doing.

I transformed back into a human and said, "Well I should get back to my common room. I need to get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow is going to be really busy."

Blake said, "Yeah I should leave too."

I stood on my tip toes and hugged Severus quickly.

"I'll see you in class tomorrow," I said.

Blake laughed, "Hey where's my hug."

He started to walk to the door. Laughing I ran at him and jumped up onto his back. He stumbled a bit for the initial shock then recovered. He grabbed my legs and started running down the hall.

He started to run towards the Slytherin common room then stopped abruptly.

"I guess you have to go the other way," he said.

I nodded even though he couldn't see me and unhooked my legs from around his waist. I jumped down and faced him.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow," I said.

He nodded and waved as I ran off in the other direction practically floating. As I ran past Severus's office I saw him in the doorway laughing at me. I stuck my tongue out at him before I kept running to the Gryffindor common room.

Once I had said the password I looked around the room and saw my friends in the corner of the room talking quietly. As I approached them they stopped talking which made me think they were talking about something they didn't want me to hear.

I walked over them with a smile just in case I was just overreacting to things that weren't even there.

Ron asked, "So how was your lesson?"

"It went well. I was able to get through everything he gave me so that was good."

"What about the potion?" Hermione asked.