Chapter 17

I smiled as I walked out the door and up the stairs to the Transfiguration room. I had about 5 minutes until the meeting and would need all that time to get there.

I felt good after my conversation with Severus. To know that he cared enough to punish even Malfoy if he hurt me was heartwarming. It felt good that he knew about the Wizard's Duel. I hated lying to people especially him. It was just an added bonus that he was letting me go.

I entered the Transfiguration room and saw not only Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore there but also all my other professors; including Professor Quirell.

Dumbledore saw me enter and said, "Ah yes Miss Wallwirt. It is a pleasure to meet you. I have heard great things about you. Now I believe we are still missing one of your professors."

I nodded and Severus came into the room his robes billowing behind him. I smirked and rolled my eyes at his dramatic entrance.

Dumbledore said, "Severus it is nice of you to join us."

He replied, "I am still two minutes early."

Dumbledore smiled and said, "To that you are correct," turning back to me he said, "Miss Wallwirt why don't you put up a chair over there?"

He pointed in between Professor Flitwick and Madame Hooch. I nodded and pulled a chair from behind me up farther and sat down stiffly. Severus pulled up a seat next to McGonagall and sat in it.

Dumbledore said, "Now the reason all of you are here is because Minerva requested that a meeting be held to access the extent of the powers of Miss Wallwirt. I shall now allow her to speak."

From where she was seated Professor McGonagall said, "Yes. I thank you all for coming here on such a short notice. During Miss Wallwirt's class I realized that not only could she turn my desk into a pig with a wave of her hand, she also was able to conjure up the locker of in-between."

Everyone who hadn't seen the locker looked surprised and Dumbledore said, "And what did you need this locker for?"

I said, "I saw it in a book and figured it was a good way to carry around my books."

He nodded and asked, "Am I correct to assume that today was your first time performing that spell?"

I nodded and said, "Yes sir, this morning was my first time."

"That is quite impressive," he said then addressing the group asked, "Can any of you do this spell?"

There were a bunch of heads shaking but Severus said, "I can."

Dumbledore looked surprised and asked, "Oh please show us then."

He took out his wand and glanced at me. I smiled encouragingly and gave a very small nod. He concentrated hard and doing the correct movements paired with the incantation was able to make his locker appear.

Dumbledore went up to it and touched it, "Impressive. I learn new things about you everyday Severus."

Severus nodded and concentrated on making the locker disappear. Once it was gone he sat back down looking smug.

I suppressed a smiled and Dumbledore asked, "Can you show us how you do it Miss Wallwirt?"

I nodded and with a wave of my hand my locker appeared. It shocked Dumbledore and he went up to it and touched it.

"Wow that is truly something extraordinary to be able to do this spell without any words or a wand. I myself like to use my wand for this spell," he marveled.

I smiled and with another wave of my hand the locker disappeared.

"Now I know you are trying to be modest about how good you are, but what other things can you do that are difficult?"