Chapter 22

When he was almost to the door Severus called out, "Don't worry Mr. Potter Miss Wallwirt will be up by 9:45. I think an hour and 15 minutes should be enough."

He nodded and left closing the door behind him quietly.

Once he was gone Severus asked, "Well Jessica what do you want to make? I'm sure you have something. I hope your detention wasn't too bad. I couldn't have you do no work after publicly giving you detention and having Potter and Malfoy here so I hope sorting potions wasn't too bad. "

I smiled and said, "Yep. I want to try the hard version of Amortentia. Not the kind you'll teach later this year and it's no problem. I get it. "

He nodded and said, "Okay you can start then. I'll watch and correct if it's even needed. Both of which are unnecessary."

I gave him an embarrassed grin and watched the corner of his mouth turn up slightly. For the next hour and ten minutes I worked on the potion.

Once I had bottled it up I asked, "Can I keep this? I want to see if it will work on Lucky."

He smirked and said sarcastically, "Yeah sure on Lucky. Who are you trying to make fall in love with you Jessica?"

I rolled my eyes at him and said, "You are so immature. I just want to see if it works."

Had I been honest I would've said that it's because I just wanted to take it and smell it. I knew the things you smelled when you caught a whiff of a love potion where supposed to be the things you loved most. I smelled flowers, lavender to be exact, salt water, a cologne that smelled exactly like Severus but I also smelled another cologne that I couldn't quite place. I wanted to know what it was but I couldn't tell Severus that.  

He said, "Of course. Just don't let anyone get that. It looks perfect which means that it is really dangerous in the wrong hands."

"Of course."

After that we said goodbye and I went back to the Gryffindor common room. I walked in to find Harry Ron and Hermione waiting for me. When I came in I was bombarded with questions.

"What happened once I left?" Harry asked.

"Did he really say that he pretended to favor Draco?" Ron asked.

I held my hands up to stop them and said, "Well I just brewed a potion," I held up the potion and addressed the next question, "Yeah he said that he has to pretend to favor Malfoy. It didn't sound like he likes him at all."

' "That's awesome," exclaimed.

"Maybe he is nicer than we thought. Harry said he was even being a little nice. He gave you the easy job and gave Malfoy the hard dirty ones."

I nodded and said, "Yeah he was being surprisingly nice."

Ron said, "I'll believe Snape is being nice when I see it for myself."

I nodded and said, "So if he was nice in class you would believe us then?"

He said, "Not that I don't trust you guys. It's just hard to believe.

"Yeah same here. If he's even a little nicer tomorrow it will make class so much more enjoyable," Hermione said.

"I'm sure he will be," I said already coming up with a plan in my mind, "Well I need to get to bed. I'm supposed to meet Oliver on the Quidditch pitch at 6 so I'll have to wake up sorta early."

They nodded and Hermione said, "I think I'll come with you. I am rather tired too."

The two of us walked up to the first year's dormitory and went to sleep quickly.