Chapter 43

"You must be really nervous for tonight, you were barely paying attention to the Quiddatch game in Flying today," Blake said.

I let out a laugh, "That's an understatement. I feel like I'm going to throw up, I'm that nervous."

He laughed and said, "Well don't worry about it. Magic comes so naturally to you, I'm sure it'll all be fine."

"I hope so," I replied.

We were in front of the Potions classroom. I knocked on the door out of courtesy.

"Come in," said my father from behind the door.

I opened the door to see my father behind his desk grading some papers. He finished the one he was working on with a flourish of his quill then stood up and walked over to us.

"Okay great, you can go get your potion from the back Blake. We'll get started right away so you both can make your meeting."

I nodded as Blake went in the back storage room to get his cauldron with his half finished potion in it. He put it on one of the tables and got started brewing the second half of the potion.
As he worked I talked to Severus.

"Are you excited for tonight?" he inquired.

"More like ready to throw up," I replied with a nervous laugh.

"Do you want to take a calming drought? It might help with your nerves," he said.

I thought about it, "That would be perfect. Can I have another for Hermione? Everyone else isn't really teaching so they don't need one, but Hermione is as nervous as me."

He nodded then silently went to the potion storage closet. Pulling two green potions off the shelf he handed them to me.

"Remember they only work for 3 hours," he said.

I rolled my eyes, "I know that."

"Of course you do miss all powerful potion maker," he replied with a small smile.

I pointed a finger at him, "And don't you forget it."

I burst out into a fit of laughter while I stored both vials in the locker of in- between. Both of us turned to look at Blake who was finishing up the last stages of the potion.

It let off a pink wisp of air then fired up a burst of pink flames. Blake stepped back and smiled widely.

"Great job, it looks perfect. I'll tell Dumbledore that I want you moved into the 6th year class. Is that good?" Severus asked.

"Yes that's great sir," Blake replied.

My father nodded. He looked up at the clock and I followed his eyes. It was already 8 o'clock, I should be in the Great Hall by now.

Hurriedly I said, "Oh my gosh, it's so late. I have to go. Blake do you want to come with me now, or stay?"

Blake replied, "I'll come with you now Jessica. Goodnight sir, thanks so much for letting me take a higher level class."

"It's no problem. Have fun at your meeting and Jessica be safe. Don't do anything stupid to prove you are smart, they all know you're smart or they wouldn't have come."

I nodded, "Okay thanks. I'll see you tomorrow Dad."

I ran out of the classroom with Blake by my side. We ran all the way to the Great Hall and burst through the doors. Harry Ron and Hermione were already in the front of the Hall getting a podium and the stage ready. The two of us ran over to them.

"Hey guys. Sorry I'm late, how long have you been here?" I asked.

Hermione said, "Oh its fine, we've only been here for 5 minutes or so."

I let out a sigh of relief, "Okay well what do you want help with?"

She looked around and said, "How about you and Blake work on setting up some rows of dummies to practice some of the more powerful spells on?"

I looked at Blake and he nodded saying, "Okay we'll get on that."

She smiled and nodded then turned away to help Ron, who was struggling with a table. Blake and I walked to the back of the Hall and began setting up dummies that I summoned with Accio.
It was about 8:20 when kids started to come. First to arrive were Neville and Dean. We were finally done setting up and I went to stand at the front while Blake went and joined Neville and Dean who were chatting near the back.
As time went on more and more kids showed up until half of the hall was filled with kids. I looked at the clock on the wall and it read 8:40, it was time to get started.

I nodded to Hermione who stood up and muttered Sonorus.

Her voice was projected throughout the entire hall as she said, "If everyone could just settle in that would be lovely, thank you so much. Okay well hello! Some of you know me but for those of you who don't, I'm Hermione Granger. To my left is Harry Potter and Ron Weasley and to my right is Jessica Wallwirt. We all want to thank you all for coming tonight. It's quite a large turnout for our little spell practicing club," she laughed nervously, cleared her throat and continued, "Well at first we were just going to practice some spells between the 4 of us but then we decided, why not teach everyone something new and have people come up and teach everyone else the spells that they're best at. Jessica agreed to be the main teacher here, but if any of you have a spell you ever want to teach just ask one of us and we'll let you."

She stepped off to the side and I knew it was my turn to talk. I took a deep breath put the projection charm on my voice and took center stage.

I started off with a smile then said, "Well as many of you now know, I'm Jessica Wallwirt. I'm not sure if I'm the most qualified person to be teaching all of you spells but I decided I would. Like Hermione said before this is a very open club. Naturally the four of us up here are more or less in charge and will lead the club but if you have a certain talent you want to teach the rest of us just run it by us and I'm sure it will be fine to let you come up and teach it. I have heard some rumours going around and I just want to clear some things up quicly if you all don't mind."
I took a few steps back from the edge of the stage and said, "First off, yes I can conjure the locker of in between."
I waved my hand and allowed the locker to appear then opened it so everyone could see the textbooks inside. I made it disappear.
"I also did change Professor McGonagall's desk into a pig, I would demonstrate but there isn't anything to perform it on so you'll have to take my word. For those of you who don't take potions anymore or never did, yes I did take over potions class one day. Also no, I did not poison Professor Snape so I could teach his classes. Do any of you have any questions for any of us to clear some things up or learn a bit about us or anything like that?"

No one said anything so I nervously cleared my throat.

"Well then let's get started. Someone requested to learn an invisibility charm, so how many of you already know how to do that?"

A few hands from a few older kids went up. I groaned inwardly. I took off the projection charm and turned to my friends.

"Should I take that group and teach them something harder? You three can handle teaching everyone else the invisibility charm right?"

Hermione said, "Yeah we can handle them. Why don't you put up a wall and bring your group up to the stage, because we have a bigger group."

"Okay when your people master it, you can send them over to me, okay?"

They nodded and I put back on the projection charm, "Okay so here's what we're going to do. Those of you who already know the invisibility charm can come up on stage and I'll teach you something else. Hermione Ron and Harry are going to lead the rest of you in teaching you the invisibility charm," I told everyone.

"Okay you can go where you need to go," Hermione said from beside me when no one moved.