Chapter 20

He left and as soon as he was out the door I closed it and put a charm so no one could hear me then walked up to Severus absolutely livid.

"What the hell was that!"

He looked up and smirked at me, "I don't know what you're talking about. I was simply stating facts and he yelled at me. He deserved it."

"No he didn't. Once Harry leaves the detention you and I are talking about this because I don't have much time before Charms and you must have needed to tell me something."

He said, "Yes well I was going to tell you that you should come at 7 for your lesson. I suppose we can't do the lesson right away since Potter decided to get himself in trouble. I also wish to know how your duel with Draco went."

I said sharply, "I don't want to tell you."

I turned on my heel and opened the door before storming off to Charms. I heard Severus call out for me to stop but I was in no mood to talk to him. If he planned on being rude and mean to Harry then I wasn't going to be nice to him. I felt a little bad about it and was tempted to go back and apologize but I kept walking to Charms.

Charms passed without a problem. We were working on a charm to force someone's feet to dance. We had to work in pairs and I was working with Hermione and Harry with Ron. Neville and Seamus paired up and stood next to me and Hermione.

Within a few seconds of him letting us start Hermione's feet were dancing and I performed the countercurse.

She shouted, "Tarantallegra!" and my feet did nothing.

Within a few minutes she had done the spell successfully and we moved on to help Harry and Ron. Once they were comfortable performing the charm I went over and helped Neville and Seamus. Soon they had completed the spell and I went to help some Ravenclaws and other Gryffindor students.

After that we headed down to the greenhouses for Herbology. We were working on cutting roots off the Belladora we were working with yesterday. Neville showed us how to do it and soon we were all done. She let us go early since we finished before the rest of the class.

I walked with them to lunch and we took a few seats near the end of the table. I was picking dirt from my hands when Draco walked in and came over to us.

I stood up and the other five of them followed my lead.

"What do you want Malfoy?" I snarled.

"Nothing I just wanted to see how you and your Mudblood friend were holding up."

I glared at him and there were gasps from Neville and Seamus. Hermione sniffled and I knew that Ron and Harry were glaring at Draco. I was standing in front of them and if I turned around I was afraid Draco would take the opportunity to try and curse me.

I heard a familiar voice behind the friends behind me say, "What is going on here?"

I turned around and saw Neville freeze up. Behind me I heard Draco snicker. If Severus was here there was no way I could curse him and he would probably let them off the hook.

Ron practically yelled, "Malfoy called Hermione a bad name Professor Snape."

He smirked and said, "Ah yes I'm sure it was terrible. What exactly did he call her?"

Ron shook his head and pulled a now crying Hermione into a hug. Severus didn't look impressed and smirked at Draco and his friends behind me.

"Professor he called her a Mudblood," Harry said.

For a second Severus' face went blank and then he looked furious, "Is that true Mr, Malfoy?"

Draco looked scared by his favorite professor and said, "Well yes. I mean it's okay because she is though."