Chapter 12

The four of us hurried out of the room and into the Great Hall where breakfast was sitting on the tables. There weren't that many kids there yet; mainly older kids who were used to the daily routine. In the middle of the Gryffindor table Harry, Ron Hermione and I took 4 seats forming a square. I quickly glanced up at the staff table and saw Severus glaring at the four of us. I sighed and rolled my eyes taking a note to ask him about that later.

I went back to talking to the three of them and we were just laughing and joking around, having a good time.

Suddenly two red-head twins that must have been Ron's brother came up behind him signaling for Hermione and I to be quiet. We avoided eye contact and continued our conversation without letting on that anything was out of order.

The two boys took out their wands and said a few words. Suddenly Ron's robe was a bright pink and his usually ginger colored hair was bubblegum pink and standing straight up. He whirled around on the twins glaring at them. Hermione, Harry and I were trying hard not to laugh.

Ron said, "Get it back to normal."

The two boys said simultaneously, "Sorry that was a spell that we just found. We don't know the countercuse."

Ron just stared at them yelling, "Fred! George you better figure out how to make it normal before my Transfiguration class."

The one on the right that Ron had addressed as Fred said, "Oh you have Transfiguration. Well then McGonagall can fix you up, she's pretty used to us messing up students."

Ron just glared in response so I said, "Alright Ron it's okay."

He rounded on me saying, "What? No it's not. My hair and my robes are pink and I don't know how to change them back."

I held up my hands saying, "Well I do."

He smiled, his body relaxed and he said, "Really? Great, do you mind?"

I shook my head and said clearly, "Robius Clearus," while performing the correct motions.

When I was done I expected him to be happy but instead he was staring past me looking scared. I turned around and saw why. Severus, Professor McGonagall and Headmaster Dumbledore were coming towards us. Severus was first to reach us with his normal long strides. He waited impatiently for Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore to arrive.

When they had he said to Fred and George, "I would leave if I was you before I decide I want to give you detention."

They didn't waste any time getting out of there and going to sit with their friends; making sure they were still in earshot.

Professor McGonagall came forward with her eyebrows furrowed saying, "Who performed that counter curse on you Mr. Weasley?"

Ron said quietly, "Jessica did."

She turned to me and Hermione because Jessica is a girls' name. "Well which one of you is Jessica?"

I said clearly not too afraid of getting in trouble for helping someone, "I am."

She looked at me and said, "Where did you learn that countercuse?"

I shrugged and said, "I read it in a book. I recognized the spell Fred and George did so I let them have their fun then changed his robes and hair back to normal."

She nodded then Dumbledore said, "Well Miss Wallwirt that is hard magic to do without studying it hard or being incredibly powerful or good at spells."

Severus muttered, "That's an understatement. That is an impossible spell to master the moves to by reading it once."

Dumbledore nodded saying, "You are absolutely right Severus. I can assume we can expect great things from you Miss Wallwirt. You have a tremendous memory. I thank you for changing Mr. Weasley's attire back to normal so I didn't have to perform the spell myself."