Chapter 18

Severus glared at the both of them then turned to me. I shrugged and he looked between Dumbledore and McGonagall again and again.

Finally he sighed and hissed, "Fine. If either of you tell anyone about any of this I will find a way to get revenge."

I cut him off saying sarcastically, "Oh don't you just love it when he starts his sentence off with a threat?"

He turned to me and his expression softened a bit as I rolled my eyes at him playfully. He just scowled at me again.

Severus said, "I think Dumbledore already knows so why doesn't he explain."

"I think you should do it Severus," said McGonagall, "I want to know how you know about what Miss Wallwirt has brewed having just met her."

He looked at me and said, "I think Jessica should explain."

"Geez Severus. Making me do all the hard work?" I asked.

He nodded and I laughed saying, "So Dumbledore already knows that my owl was sent to 15 Spinner's End. Upon further investigation or maybe he already knew that 15 Spinner's End is the address of Severus' house."

Dumbledore nodded and McGonagall asked, "Why were you at Severus' house though?"

"Because I'm his daughter," I said proudly.

"But your last name is Wallwirt not Snape. Why?"

I started to explain but Severus said, "She lived with her mother until she died a few months ago."

I smiled at him and said, "Well yeah. I didn't know I was a witch so when I went to live with Severus he told me. Naturally I wanted to learn as much as I could about magic. He was brewing potions and I was reading through books when I saw that the book was wrong. He let me brew a potion and knew I was good at them. Not as good as he is but still pretty good."

McGonagall said to Severus, "I didn't know you had a kid."

"Neither did I," he said.

I smirked at him and McGonagall said, "I can see the resemblance though. She has your eyes and your nose. She also has your smirk apparently."

I smiled and she said, "Yep. You don't have his smile though."

I laughed and said, "I don't think it exists."

He glared at me and Dumbledore said, "Why did you not tell me?"

Severus sighed and said, "I figured it wouldn't be good for her social life if people knew she was related to me."

He nodded his head and said, "Fair enough," he saw the frown on my face and said, "But does Miss Wallwirt share your feelings?"

I snapped out of it and said, "Well partially cause no offense but everyone hates you except for the Slytherins. Not to mention the fact that you seem to hate Harry. But on the other hand I don't like keeping things from my friends or lying. Besides it's not like I'm mad that you are my father."

He said, "It's easier this way. Believe me."

I said, "I do believe you."

He looked up at the clock and I followed his eyes. It was already 10 in the evening.

He stood up and I followed suit, "I'll walk Jessica back to her dormitory. I'll see you tomorrow."

He walked quickly out of the room with his robes billowing behind him. I shook my head and ran to catch up to his quick strides.

"You didn't have to tell them. I know you didn't want to," I said once I was next to him.

He said, "Yes I did. I don't mind them knowing I just don't want everyone knowing. Besides Dumbledore seems to find out everything and Minerva just happened to be there."