Chapter 35

When I woke up at 6 the next morning I felt refreshed after my long dreamless sleep. I swung my legs over the side of my bed and slipped into the bathroom. I came out a half an hour later fully dressed and clean. I had pulled my hair into a high bun to keep it out of my face.

I walked down to the common room and was surprised to see Harry sitting by himself in front of the fire deep in thought.

I went and sat next to him and said, "Hey. You feeling alright?"

He turned to face me and said, "Yeah I'm just thinking. I don't think any of you saw this but Snape had a huge cut on his leg when he came in late with Quirell."

I frowned slightly at how good Severus was at predicting what people would think and responded, "Yeah and what do you think about it?"

"I think he was trying to steal the stone but Quirell somehow stopped him."

My mouth opened slightly at this backwards thinking and covered it up by laughing and saying, "Do you really think Quirell can take Snape on in a duel and win?"

Harry shook his head and said, "That's the only thing I'm not sure about. I was thinking either they are in it together or Quirell just stopped him long enough that Snape had to get to the troll and avoid suspicion."

I nodded hesitantly and said, "But he's a teacher, he wouldn't want to steal the stone."

"Who's to say he doesn't want to?"

I shrugged and said, "Have you talked to Ron and Hermione about this yet?"

Harry nodded and said, "Ron agrees with me while Hermione was thinking along the same lines as you are. She doesn't think a Hogwarts teacher would try to steal the stone."

I replied, "We should tell someone. Maybe they can figure it out."

"I was going to ask Hagrid about it over the weekend," he said.

I nodded and hoped Hagrid could convince Harry that Severus wasn't trying to steal the stone.

For the next few minutes we sat there in silence wrapped up in our own thoughts. I heard footsteps on the stairs behind me and turned around to see a group of older girls.

I was about to turn around when I saw a familiar head of orange hair. Ron came over and sat next to me. A few seconds later Hermione came down carrying her book from D.A.D.A.

Harry Ron and I stood up and went over to her. I took her book and put it in the locker.

"Do you want to head down to breakfast? It'll start in about 10 minutes so we can eat early and finish our homework after we're done?" asked Hermione.

Ron chuckled and said, "Good old Hermione always thinking about homework even after a near death experience."

She glared at him before laughing along with him as Harry said, "I think that's a great idea Hermione let's go."

The four of us headed down the numerous staircases and into the Great Hall. We took four seats at the far end of the Gryffindor table and tucked into the food in front of us.

Once we were done eating half an hour later we headed up to the Gryffindor common room where most kids were still getting ready to go down and eat. Hermione and I rushed up to the girl's dorm to get our school work as Harry and Ron went up to the boy's dormitory.

When we all got back down Neville was following behind Ron and Harry.

"You feeling okay today Jessica?" he questioned as he made his way over to me and Hermione.