Chapter 21

We rolled our eyes but we walked down the stairs through a corridor and into the classroom. There were already a few Gryffindors in the back but no Slytherins. I took a seat next to one of the boys in our year and was followed by the rest of them. Neville and Seamus came in with another boy named Dean Thomas and sat in front of us. A few of the Gryffindor girls piled in and sat in the back of the classroom on the other side of the room as the boys. I saw a couple of them pointing and giggling at some of the boys and I pointed this out to Harry and Ron who both laughed.

As class was about to begin most of the Slytherins came in with Professor Quirell behind them.

Just like the day before Professor Quirell just talked the entire class time. This time instead of vampires it was about goblins. Some of the boys in the class fell asleep and I could feel my eyelids growing heavy when class ended finally.

As I was about to leave he said, "Miss Wallwirt stay after a moment please."

I groaned as my friends told me they would wait outside the door for me.

I walked up to his desk and said, "Hello professor."

"Ah yes hello there Miss Wallwirt. I just wanted to tell you that I am looking forward to teaching you. As I'm sure you know I will have you on Wednesdays at 7. Well that is all you may leave now."

"Okay thank you professor."

I had forgotten that he would be teaching me. I knew I had potions with Severus on Mondays and Transfiguration on Tuesdays, D.A.D.A on Wednesdays and Charms on Thursdays then on Fridays I would be teaching a club. I had a full plate but I wasn't mad about it, I was eager to learn as much as I could and pass some along to other students.

We walked outside to our Flying lesson. I was looking forward to flying again even if yesterday hadn't ended well.

Once we reached the pitch we stood by a broomstick and talked for a while. Ron, Harry and I talked about Quidditch while Neville and Hermione talked about the horror of flying yesterday. The rest of the class started to fill in and like yesterday the Slytherins stayed on one side and the Gryffindors on the other.

A whistle pierced the air and Madame Hooch walked over.

"Okay today we are just going to work on playing some catch on brooms for those of you that were able to fly yesterday. If you weren't able to fly yesterday you need to stay here to get more attention."

Ron Harry and I looked sadly at Hermione and started towards the area to play catch in. Madame Hooch came over and motioned for all of us to come closer.

"Okay I don't want anybody to get hurt so I want to play a game of catch. Don't chuck the ball so the other person can't get it just a light easy toss. You may begin the balls are over there," she said pointing at a shed.

Harry said, "I'll go get one for the three of us."

"Thanks," Ron and I chorused.

He walked over to the shed and got a ball. We all mounted our brooms and sailed high up into the sky. I loved the cool wind on my skin. It made me want to forget about everything for a while and just fly. It gave me freedom from everything mundane happening below me.

Ron tossed it over to Harry and Harry motioned for me to go long. He threw it and I caught it easily. I tossed it up extra high and it came down right near Ron and he caught it easily. He then had Harry spread out and Harry caught his throw with ease.

Then Harry smiled and said, "Hey Jessica. As soon as I throw this try to get it okay?"

I nodded and he chucked the thing as far as it went I heard him say, "Sorry forget about it."