Chapter 36

I went over to him with the vial in hand and said, "You leave me no choice then."

Without words I was able to bind his arms behind him.

"Jessica untie me right this second," he hissed.

I only smiled at him, "Sorry no can do. You need to take this potion before I can do that."

He clamped his mouth shut and shook his head. I sighed; apparently his stubbornness and dignity was still getting in the way of him allowing me to give him this potion. He grimaced and I knew it was from the pain in his head.

I uncorked the vial and said, "Oh come on just take it."

Once again he shook his head and I got madder, "Are you seriously going to let your dignity get in the way of your health? Because if you are then you are being incredibly stupid. It's only me, it's not like I'm going to care if you admit you are in pain."

A smirk played on his lips as he shook his head defiantly again. Rolling my eyes I put one arm around his neck in a choke hold and forced his mouth open before forcing the contents of the bottle down his throat.

I took a step back with a grin on my face and untied him quickly. He glared at me but I just grinned at him triumphantly.

"Jessica! I'm going to kill you! I said I was fine and I meant it," he said quickly.

"Love you too," I said sarcastically.

It looked like he was about to respond when his glare faltered. Following his eyes I saw he was looking past me, at the door. With a start I realized I had forgotten to close the door in my haste to make sure he was okay.

I turned on my heel quickly and was shocked and annoyed to see Harry standing there. Behind him was Hermione but there was no Ron in sight.

"Potter," he growled, "What do you want?"

I merely rolled my eyes at the two of them. Harry was too shocked to answer but Hermione took a tentative step backwards. I sighed; honestly if I was in their position I would probably want to get out of here as fast as I could too.

At Harry's silence Severus said, "Get out."

I laughed shortly and said, "Ignore him. I suppose you want to know what just happened?"

Harry finally regained his composure and glared at Severus saying, "Yes. We came down here to get you to walk with us to Charms and we see that you have Professor Snape tied up then making him drink a potion. Then instead of getting super mad all he does is give an empty threat that didn't sound very convincing."

I sighed and said, "You both have to promise you won't tell anyone deal?"

Hermione said, "What about Ron?"

I shrugged at my father and he nodded ever so slightly, "Well I guess you could tell him although he'll probably hate me as much as Harry is about to."

Harry asked, "Wait why?"

I took a deep breath about to answer his question when Hermione blurted out, "The two of you are related aren't you?"

I cocked an eyebrow and said, "Yes I'm his daughter. How in the world did you figure that out?"

She smiled proudly as Harry looked shocked and replied, "You guys look a lot alike. Earlier was the first time I could look Professor Snape in the eye and you have the same eyes as he does. Then your nose hooks up slightly. It isn't as obvious but then I realized that you must be somehow related. Honestly I thought you were his niece at first but daughter works too."

I looked over to Harry nervously and said, "Harry?"

He looked over to Severus then back at me then back again before answering quietly, "Why didn't you tell us?"

"Because well um you see," I tried to form a coherent sentence.

Severus butted in, "I didn't want her to."

I nodded and smiled graciously at him as Harry said, "Why not?"

"Why does it matter why not?" my father asked.

"Because I think it's because you told her not to because you didn't want anyone to know, as if you're almost ashamed of her," Harry said through gritted teeth.

Severus replied as menacingly, "No I thought it would be best for her social life if no one knew we were related because it's obvious everyone in Gryffindor hates me."

"That's a lie if I've ever heard one!" yelled Harry then continuing, "You just didn't want any of your precious Slytherin students to know you have a Gryffindor daughter!"

I winced slightly at this but I knew Severus couldn't see as he replied deathly quiet, "We had agreed upon not telling anyone at a time when I assumed she was going to be in Slytherin. It has nothing to do with me being upset about her house and all to do with me wanting her to fit in."

Harry was about to respond when Hermione helped by saying, "That's why she doesn't go by Jessica Snape."

Harry turned around to glare at her and then back at Severus before saying, "Yeah so no one would know he even had a daughter!"

He was glaring daggers at my father so I butted in, "Harry don't be mad at him. If anyone you should be mad at me, I'm the one who didn't tell you. It was still my choice not his. If I really wanted to tell you I would have just told you behind his back."

"Yeah and what? Get in trouble for telling us then?"

I said, "No I was already thinking about telling you and Severus said I could if I wanted to but recommended against it."

Harry took a step towards me and said, "Why? We wouldn't get mad if you told us."

I gestured to the scene in front of me and said, "You're getting mad at me right now."

He sighed and said, "No I'm not getting mad at you I'm mad at him," he glared at Severus, "Because he's lying right to your face and you're going to get hurt at some point."

I filled the space between us and said quietly before Severus could respond, "I believe him and that's all that should matter to you. I know you don't want me to get hurt but I really don't think I'm going to."

He shook his head and said, "Fine."

He was about to say something to Severus when Hermione said, "Come on guys we have to get to Charms."

With one final glare at Severus Harry walked out of the room behind Hermione. I turned around and quickly hugged my father.

"Well that went well," I said laughing.

He lifted the corner of his lip and said, "Better than I had hoped. At least he doesn't hate you. Who cares if he hates me?"

I put my hands on my hips and said, "I do. Don't worry he'll come around soon enough. Bye, I love you."