Chapter 23

I made my way to McGonagall and Flitwick. McGonagall immediately understood why I was taking over his classes but it took more convincing to make Flitwick believe that Severus was letting me take his classes. I took my friends books out of the locker and asked each of them to give them to them when they came to class.

With a glance at my watch I realized that it was only two minutes before I had the first class of the day. I consented to telling the rest of my professors at lunch and made my way to the dungeons.

By the time I got there I was a minute late and all the students were in their seats. It was a 3rd year Gryffindor and Slytherin class. The Gryffindors were being quiet but the Slytherins were being the opposite.

I walked in and said, "Sorry I'm late."

All of them just stared back at me blankly.

I ignored them and said, "Well it looks like you'll be doing the Calming Draught today. It can be found on page 124 in your textbooks. You may begin."

When none of them moved I asked, "Is there any reason you aren't starting?"

One of the students on the Slytherin side called out, "Why are you here?"

"I'm here because Professor Snape can't be here right now," I said glaring at the student.

One of the Gryffindor students asked, "How old are you?"

I replied with a sneer, "I'm a first year but I guarantee you that I am better at potions than all of you. Now like I said before begin working on the Calming Draught."

They all looked a little hesitant as they went to the pantry and gathered their ingredients. As they continued to work they all kept glancing at the door as if they expected my father to walk in and yell at them any moment.

I noticed a hand in the air from one of the Gryffindor girls in the back and said, "Yes?"

She said, "I'm done."

I smiled and walked towards her. Once I got there I took one look at it and frowned a little. She did it perfectly following the book but did nothing special.

"It looks good. Put some in a vial and place it on Professor Snape's desk."

She nodded and I saw her bottle some up and place in on his desk. While she was cleaning up her place I realized this would be a good time to convince them that I knew what I was talking about. With a wave of my hand I made the mess in front of her disappear and she looked up and smiled at me. I returned it slightly and she stood up and came to stand in front of me.

I looked up to hear her ask, "Where did you learn that?"

"I'm multi-talented. I learned that particular spell from a book."

She nodded clearly impressed and asked, "Do you know that kid that is teaching the club on Friday? I know it's a first year Gryffindor but I don't know who."

I smirked and nodded, "I'll be teaching that club along with Hermione, Harry and Ron."

"So your name is Jessica?"

I nodded and said, "Yes."

She said, "I've heard about how amazing you are. No wonder Snape let you take over his class. What happened to him? I don't like him or anything but I don't want anyone to get hurt; even him."

I figured I didn't need any Gryffindor students to hate me so I said, "He got sick and since he knows I don't really have to take my other classes, he agreed to let me take his classes for today."

She nodded and said, "Okay. That was nice of you to do for him. Well I'll see you on Friday then."

I nodded and she went back to her seat. In about another half an hour I dismissed the class and went over to look at the potions. A few of them looked correct but the others looked terrible. The Slytherins who were used to Severus helping them, had messed up terribly.