Chapter 1

SOTC- Million Dollar Houses ~ Pierce The Veil

I pushed my way through the hallway and to my locker, ignoring the harsh comments being thrown about me. I'd been through all kinds of abuse, unfortunately. Mentally, physically, emotionally.

My name is Monica Deman, but I go by Moon. I'm 17 I have a boyfriend named Luke. Luke, well, Luke liked to hit me and take advantage of me. My parents are never home, literally, they go on trips for months at a time and leave me alone. Luckily for me, today was one of the few days they were home.

I shoved my books into my backpack and slung it over my shoulder as I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I tugged my iPhone out of its spot in my jeans and unlocked it.

Checking my iMessages I noticed, Luke had texted me.

Luke- Wait for me outside school.

I sighed as I heaved open the heavy school door and exited the building. I shoved through the crowd of people swarming out of the building and wandering mindlessly.

As I unlocked my cars door and flung my stuff in carelessly I felt a sharp sting running through my nerves on my cheek.

"What was that for?" I whispered spinning around to face my abuser.

"I told you to wait for me" Luke said gripping my wrist.

"I-I have to go home" I muttered quietly, while trying to break free from his grasp.

Luke, finally let go of my wrist after glaring at me, and walked away throwing out some profanities.

"Fucker," I quietly mumbled.

I put the small car into drive and silently headed to my house.

~*~

"Monica! It's so nice to see you again!" My mom cried over dramatically as I entered the house.

"Hey mom, hi dad!" I spoke politely.

I placed my shoes and school bags neatly in their spot in the mudroom, and then walked through the kitchen to grab an apple.

"We are having the new neighbors over for dinner so be sure to look nice," My dad spoke in the monotone voice he always used around me.

"What new neighbors?" I spoke almost choking on my apple. They had been home for only a few hours and they already knew more than I did.

"Monica, Monica, Monica," my mother mocked "they'll be here at six thirty" she flashed me a small smile before turning on her heel and walking to her small office down the hall.

"It's Moon," I called quietly after her but I knew she honestly didn't care.

I left my dad downstairs to read the newspaper and twisted up the narrow staircase to get to my room. My room, ironically, was larger than my parents room, and it was probably the actual master bedroom.

It was painted a darker blue or navy color on one wall and the rest of the walls were painted a baby blue color. The dark blue wall held my large queen sized bed and two small nightstands- one on either side of the bed. The wall on the left held my large walk in closet. A different wall held my desk and dresser, and finally the last wall an entrance to my room and a large en-suite bathroom.

I traced across my soft carpet and plopped on my comfy bed. It was only three so a small nap couldn't hurt, right?

~*~

The smell of roast chicken consumed my room and woke me up from my sleep. I rolled onto my side and glanced at the clock placed beside my bed. Six. Crap. I only had thirty minutes to get ready. I wanted to have a least one friend, this is my only shot.

I hopped into the steamy shower water and washed myself before slipping on some nice clothes. Well for me at least. I wore a loose red tank top paired with some black skinny jeans, classy.

I pulled my long pale pink hair to the side and did a loose fishtail braid and let my bangs and a few loose strands fall out. I applied mascara and put in a new nose ring, lip ring, and ear cuff in as well. I applied some not so heavy eyeliner before I heard my mom calling me down.

I scampered down the hall until I reached the stairwell. I heard a deep unfamiliar voice and sucked in my breath. I placed a shaky hand on the railing and walked slowly down the stairs.

I felt multiple pairs of eyes piercings into my body as I entered the room with all the guests. Keeping my head low, my hair covered my face.

"Monica, these are our new neighbors," My mom smiled at me.

I slowly lifted my eyes to see three people looking at me like hawks. There was a boy, which I assumed to be there son, and the boys parents. The boy had ice blue eyes and and short brown hair. He also had many tattoos and, ear, lip, and nose piercings. His mother had a petite body, and was much shorter than her son. She had auburn red hair and very pale skin, as did the whole family. The assumed father had dark brown hair and was about as tall as his son.

"Hi." I quietly, yet politely spoke with a small smile.

"Nice to meet you Monica." The father spoke shaking my hand. "I'm Chris, and my wife's name is Amy and this is my son Andy." I nodded and smiled as he pointed to each member of his family.

"Well how about we go eat! I made chicken and mashed potatoes! What does everyone want to drink?" My mom clamped her hands together and led everyone into the kitchen.

~*~

"So, Andy" My father, Max, spoke, "what grade are you in?"

"I'm a junior in high school, sir," Andy had a shockingly deep voice for our age.

"Maybe you'll have a few of the same classes as Monica then," my mom chipped in while I gave a small nod.

~*~

"So..." Andy spoke slowly while approaching me after dinner was over. I was sat alone texting Luke, explaining why I couldn't come over, and honestly it was better to tell the truth because he somehow always found out when I was lying.

"So," I smiled shyly looking up at him as he sat next to me on the stairwell.

"I like your hair" he blurted out, seeming to surprise even himself.

I felt a small blush rise to my cheeks as I smiled at the compliment. "Awe, thanks" I grinned.

"You go to my school, huh?"

"Yeah, would you mind showing me around and maybe waiting for me in the morning, so you know, I don't get lost," he asked brightly with his low voice altering at the end to a more questioning tone.

"Yup, maybe you'll scare off all the ignorant assholes." I joked with sarcasm dripping from my words but snickered as I saw the expression on Andy's face.

"Andy!" His mother, Amy, called after him. "Andy, it's time to go" Andy and his family thanked us and said there goodbyes before leaving and walking to there house next to ours.

Just as Andy left I felt my phone buzz next to me.

L- come over, now. I want to see you.

~*~

A/N- New story yay! Make sure to leave a comment before and vote for it if you liked it. I love you guys!