Chapter 5

SOTC - Chin Up, Kid ~ Forever The Sickest Kids

"Moon, love, are you okay?" The intruder said with sarcasm dripping like venom from his voice. "Luke, get out of here" Andy spoke lowly. I watched in utter shock as Andy stood up in front of me in a sense, protecting me. "Oh, Moon, I see you've got you're new boyfriend looking out for you, huh?" Luke said and I could sense the scowl on his face. Heat rose to my cheeks but I kept quiet. "Wait until everyone finds out that your the one that beat her up," Luke spat at Andy and his lips curved up in a awkward smile that made me cringe. "You, you can't do that." I told Luke attempting to stand up, but instead doubling over from the pain in my ribs. "Moon!" Andy gasped, running to my side and picking me up bridal style. "Leave me alone!" I sobbed to Luke, but it was no use, he had already left.

---

I woke up laying in my bed with clothes that Andy had picked out for me yesterday before he left so I wouldn't have to walk around as much to get ready for school. He also left a brush, mirror, makeup, hair ties, and moccasins laying on the bed for me too. He said he was picking me up at 7:30 and bringing a wheelchair for me and we were walking to the school which was only five blocks away.

I groaned tiredly as I stared at my alarm clock; seven o'clock. Great. I sat on the edge of my bed and slipped on the black leggings on my bed and I properly slipped on my Drop Dead oversized hoodie before throwing all of my hair, aside from my fringe (if you will), into a cotton candy bun. I sighed yet again and looked at the clock which now read 7:20. I applied mascara and put slipped on my moccasins before I threw myself back onto the soft bed waiting for Andy to come.

---

*A Week Later*

"Wait, wait, I need an apple!" I squealed as Andy steered my wheelchair into the direction of the kitchen. He tossed me an apple and I munched on it quietly as he strolled me to school. My arm was broken, still, and it wouldn't be healed for a few more weeks, at least. My ribs were healing well, that is until I fell yesterday and fractured two of them. The cuts on my thighs had scanned over and they were starting to turn into scars. The bruises had started fading as well.

As for school? Well, school hasn't gotten any better. Still, the daily torturing went on and honestly, it was getting worse. The only reason Andy and I were going to go was to see the principle about transferring to online schooling.

---

"Well hello again Ms. Deman and Mr. Biersack what brings you here. Again. Today." Our principle, Mr. Evens, said boredly. "We'd like to transfer to online schooling." Andy said simply and straight to the point. The principle stopped organizing his desk, Andy leaned on my wheelchair, and I bit my nail, we were all anticipating his answer. "Kids, you know I can't do that." Mr. Evens said looking back at his desk. I slumped back against my wheelchair and Andy stomped his foot harshly. " Mr. Evens, sir! For gods sake! She was beat up! She could've died! She was beat up here, even worse, and the staff and faculty didn't do anything about it. And you can bullshit me and say they didn't know about it because there was a huge crowd of kids yelling and blood on the grass and curse words being thrown here and there, and even worse there was a girl screaming at the top of her lungs sobbing. Jesus, sir, she has to be in a wheel chair because of injuries to her back and ribs. Fortunately she'll be healed soon but that's not the point. Come on, Mr. Evens!" Andy yelled louder scaring me and making Mr. Evens furrow his eyebrows.

I intertwined my fingers with Andy's in attempts to calm him down and, it seemingly worked. I didn't realize how upset I was about the whole school situation until Andy's hand wiped my cheek wiping away my tears. "I suppose you two can transfer to online schooling come back tomorrow to register everything and I'll contact your teachers." Mr. Evens said.

"Yes!" Andy squealed like a little girl hugging me tightly, it hurt my ribs but I decided not to ruin his mood.

---

"Go fish." Andy said to me crossing his legs. We were playing the card game 'Go Fish' on his bed to pass the time. "Fished my wish" I laughed at him. I was beating him. By a lot. "I give up" He yelled throwing his cards in the air. "You have beat me at every single card game, moon." I just smiled in response making him roll his eyes. "Can you stay overnight? We can order pizza, watch movies, play video games, drink... soda of course. My parents won't be here but I don't think they'll mind." Andy asked with a 100% genuine smile on his face. "I don't see why not." I said returning the smile.

---

"Ohh! Let's prank call someone!" Andy spoke, well, more like yelled. "Andy, I think you've had enough caffeine, besides it 10 o'clock at night, who do you think is gonna answer?" I argued. But it was too late he already had the phone pressed to his ear and a smirk plastered on his face.

This night should be interesting.

-•

A/N~ Hey guys! Sorry it took a while to update, but here it is. Thank you guys so so much for the comments, it means a lot to me! I really hope you guys like this update and if you do please vote for it, it means a lot and maybe even comment/follow!? I love you guys so much!