Chapter 3

SOTC- The Depths ~ Of Mice & Men

I walked out of my house the next morning, just to see that Andy wasn't there. I was a little upset but I shook it off and climbed into my car. My parents left again before I got home from school and didn't even leave me a note.

---

I sighed a little too dramatically when I saw Luke waiting for me outside of school. I got out of the car and he slowly approached me with a group around him. This couldn't be good.

"Well if it isn't the little whore." A girl, I believe her name is Anna, taunted.

"Awe, what's wrong, did your friend realize how pathetic you are and leave?" Jared, said stepping toward me with a smirk on his lips.

"You should've known better than to get on my bad side, Moon. Tsk, tsk, tsk." I tried to walk around the crowd gathering but I couldn't as Luke held tightly on to my arm. "With your friend not here to save you, you're weak, and pathetic, no one could ever love you, Moon," he spat in my face as I felt my heart break. Tears stung at the back of my eyes. My boyfriend of three years never even loved me.

I felt a fist collide with my stomach instantly sending me to the ground in shock. A countless amount of abuse followed. I was bleeding, I could numbly feel warm liquid ooze down my face as Luke slammed my head into the hard ground. Blood. I heard a loud noise and everyone suddenly fled into the school building.

I however, laid bleeding on the ground, sobs racking my body only making my ribs hurt more. In my weak state, I managed to pull out my phone and call the first contact on my phone. Andy.

"Hello?" He answered quietly.

"Help me, please" I cried into the phone.

"Moon? You're at school right? I'll be right there? Will you be okay until I'm there?" Andy's voice was etched in worry, my silence gave him all the answers. He continued speaking, but the pain took over my senses. I laid in agony trying my best to stay awake but it was useless as my eyes fluttered close. The pain won.

---

"Moon, Moon, can you hear me?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I nodded; throbbing. "Good, thank you. Moon, it's me Andy, you're in my room."

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Andy staring at me with worry and what looked like rage in his eyes. "Who the hell even did this to you?" He said scanning my, what I assumed to be, bloody body.

"Luke." I managed to bluntly reply.

It was too painful to sit up but I could feel a wrap around my ribs and my leg was in a cast.

"My moms a nurse so she changed you into one of my shirts and bandaged you up so you didn't have to go to the hospital, you know?" He explained, I hated hospitals.

"Do you have a mirror anywhere?" I had to gasp for air because, frankly, it hurt to breathe and even more to talk.

"Yeah, here" he mumbled, rummaging around in the table next to his bed.

I gasped as I stared at my reflection. I looked like I was in a car crash, not abused by my boyfriend... ex-boyfriend.

There was a thick band of medical tape and gauze covering my forehead. I had stitches on my cheek and my lip was busted and cut up badly. My nose had been broken, and there were purple bruises covering my face.

I noticed a large bandage on my neck; more bruises too. There were some cuts on my arms too, but they weren't in as bad a shape as the rest of me.

The mirror shook violently with my hands and I quickly put it down.

"I feel really bad about this." He said sadly.

"There's nothing that could've been done to prevent this. You shouldn't feel bad. You helping me is all I need."

"Go to sleep, Moon you'll feel better," he completely changed the subject, but I gave into his suggestion and melted into his bed. It smelled nice, exactly like him.

I heard the chair that Andy was sitting in creak, and I opened my eyes slightly to see Andy getting up to leave. I grabbed onto his wrist and pulled him down onto the bed next to me.

"I can go somewhere else," I whispered struggling to move.

"No," Andy's deep voice reverberated through the room.

Sighing, I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep.