Chapter 22

SOTC: Terrible Things~ Mayday Parade

*Moons POV*

I rolled over the next morning, laying with my stomach against Andy's.

I hummed quietly in Andy's ear and he stirred a little bit and opened his eyes.

"Mm, good morning beautiful." Andy sung quietly.

"Good morning handsome." I smiled at him and studied his face. "We have our lip and nose piercings on the same sides ."

"Holy crap, I never realized that!" Andy yelled kissing my nose and hugging me tightly making me gasp.

"Well someone's really happy about that." He just smiled and shrugged.

We laid in the same position for a few minutes before Andy started fidgeting.

"What's wrong?" I asked Andy kissing him softly.

"It's just... can I see your stomach?" He whispered.

"Babe, there's a bandage over it." I brushed some hair out of his face and stared into his ice blue eyes.

Andy ignored my gentle comment and lifted up the hem of my shirt and looked at the large piece of gauze that covered the lower right portion nod my stomach.

"Andy-"

Andy's lips pressed to mine quickly, cutting me off as Andy continued to fiddle with the gauze.

"So ice cream?" I asked as Andy pulled away.

"Why not."

I brushed my hair pulling it into a bun leaving my fringe down and I pulled on a Ghost Town tee shirt and some red skinny jeans and converse.

I grabbed my wallet, keys, phone, and Andy's hand as we walked out the door and started on our journey to the ice cream shop that was only a few minutes down the road.

Andy had to slow down a few times as we were walking down the street, due to pain in my stomach but we were getting closer to the ice cream shop.

Which was across the street from the park.

The wind was blowing gently and the cars could be heard passing through the four way intersection up the road.

"Come on Moon." Andy urged as I had stood in my spot, thoughts of the kidnapping and shooting racing through my mind.

I walked slowly stopping every once in a while as we neared the cross walk.

"Moon, I love you okay? Just walk right beside me and please, please, don't stop in the middle of the road." I nodded only listening to half of his spiel about crossing the road.

Andy kissed my nose and grabbed my hand as the no cars were close to us.

I looked around as we were crossing the road and spotted the park. The park that I was kidnapped in. The park that I went to upon Angelica's request. Angelica the girl who shot me.

I didn't realize I had let go of Andy's hand.

I didn't realize I couldn't breathe.

I didn't realize I had stopped in the middle of the road, just as Andy has told me not to do.

I didn't hear Andy yelling for me to get out of the road, just as I didn't hear the tires screech around me and the car horns honks; as I desperately tried to catch my breath.

I didn't realize, until I was hit.