Chapter 4

Alright guys, it's super late where I am (more like early, it's nearly 5 am!), but I just finished this one, and wanted to share it with you. This is the longest chapter so far, we're talking close to 5k words. Hope it will tide you over until the next update :P ! Once again, thanks for all the votes and comments, you guys are awesome! 

And sorry for the mistakes, my brain is fried.

---

"So, what are the rules?"

Lauren had been engrossed by her phone for nearly 5 minutes now, she hadn't seen Camila get on the middle seat, and was a bit startled when she felt her breath against her ear.

"Camila, where is your seatbelt?"

"Geez, give me a minute, I just moved! And maneuvering those things with my sleeves is hard!"

Without saying a thing, Lauren grabbed it from her hands and fastened it for her, making sure that it was correctly set.

"Thanks..."

Lauren had a stern expression on her face. Camila was in trouble, and the fact that Lauren was slowly inching toward her ear did not give her butterflies for once.

"If that happens again, bet or no bet, I'll pull you over my knees, understood little girl?"

Camila automatically looked down at her lap and nodded. As she started playing with her sleeves, she could feel tears building up. She knew it had been a stupid move to change spot. Her reasons were even stupider, it had rubbed her the wrong way that Lauren wasn't paying attention to her for some reason.

"I'll let it slide this time, because I didn't actually give you all the rules, but it's the first and last t-... Baby, are you crying?"

It was crazy how this one tear falling on Camila's sleeve had made her tone go from murderous to soft and careful.

"Camzi, look at me, what's going on?"

She knew she had not held back her words, but Camila looked a bit too ashamed of herself for it to be the reason.

"I'm sorry."

"I know."

"No, it's..."

She knew she had to tell the truth, she felt like it was the least she could do after breaking the third rule. Remembering that there was actually someone driving the car, she decided instead to whisper it in her ear.

"You were ignoring me..."

"What do you mean, Camila?"

Lauren was not amused right now. The simple idea that Camila had done it in purpose riling her up all over again.

"...You were on your phone...and you didn't even give me the rules! You haven't even talked to me since we left the hotel..."

"Camila, we left exactly 7 minutes ago."

"I know..."

Camila was whiny, and as much as Lauren wanted to take her in her arms and soothe her insecurities, they were in public. Their newly acquired fame was not the easiest thing to deal with, things were simply not as simple as when they were hiding away in her room, and Camila knew that too.

"Baby, we're in a taxi."

"I know!"

"Watch your tone. You're already in trouble, little girl."

Lauren was back to her calm and firm voice, clearly aware that Camila was struggling. The girl's feelings were all over the place. She was feeling restless and unsettled, and too hot and stifled! It was absurd, and now she was in trouble! And those stupid tears!