Chapter 19

Hi everyone! Here's the new chapter for you guys, nearly 6k just for ya :P !

We're about to reach 60k reads and 3k comments, and I couldn't be more grateful for my awesome readers!

---

Lauren hated hospitals. Specifically sleeping in hospitals. Falling asleep had been hard enough, her mind replaying the past few weeks again and again, pointing out all the signs she should have picked up on, but then staying asleep was almost impossible! The light in the corridor, the sound of people coming and going outside the room, the nurses coming in to check the monitors...A nightmare! The fact that it woke her up wasn't the real problem, though. Camila hadn't had such a restless night in months, and to make things worse, with how often and unpredictably the nurses came in, she couldn't even nurse her baby that was getting more and more agitated each time.

As if on cue, Lauren felt Camila start to stir and nuzzle closer to her while whining. She automatically started patting her padded butt, but felt Camila froze against her instead of relax like the other times. A pat slightly lower on her bottom made her realize why, Camila's pull-up was warm and heavier than before, her baby clearly needed a change, and from her miserable sobs, she was well aware of it.

"Shh, it's just the medicine. It's a good sign, it means your body is getting rid of all that useless water to give your heart some rest, baby..."

She didn't know if Camila was in littlespace or not, but hopefully she could help her slip into it to make it easier. Without a word, Camila put some distance between them and hid her face behind her hands.

"Don't cry, love...It's okay, you're okay now."

"NO! It's not!"

"Camila..."

Camila just got up without a word and walked to her bags, her hands shakily trying to open it. Lauren sat down beside her quietly.

"...Camila."

"No."

"No to what, baby?"

"...J-just no."

Her voice was shaky, and her breathing was getting a bit more erratic with each breath.

"Can you breathe for me, love?"

Camila was just shaking her head frenetically, getting more and more worked up as her fingers wouldn't catch the zipper firmly enough for her to open her bag.

"Camila! Enough, baby!"

Lauren's snap finally pulled Camila's attention away from her bag. Lauren used it to her advantage, and pulled her in her lap, until she was cradling her in her arms.

"What did the doctor say, baby?"

Camila still stubbornly shook her head, completely overwhelmed by the situation.

"He said it might happen, that it is normal, it's just the medication doing its job."

Camila finally broke, and tears started streaming down her face as she cuddled closer in the safe haven that were Lauren's arms.

"There's no need to panic, it's just the two of us, and I don't care. You know what I care about? You getting better, baby, and you won't get better if you stress yourself because of this."

"But..."

"But what, love?"

Camila didn't even know. It just felt so wrong, she was an adult, and there she was, peeing herself right there, on the bed with her girlfriend!