Chapter 23

Hello everyone!! So sorry for the lateness of this one! I went back home for the weekend since it was Mother's Day over here, and I didn't have the time to finish it there! 

A thousand thanks to  for all the help! 

I hope you're all doing awesome, thanks for all the love! Here's the new chapter for ya, some 6.5k (not proofread, oops) words just waiting for you :P ! (

---

"Lauren? Babe, what's wrong? Are you okay? Mom! What's happening?"

"I don't know, Mija! I found her crying in her car in front of the house! I brought her inside and made some tea but she wouldn't say anything. I tried calling Clara, but she's not answering!"

'N-no...Don't call her!"

"Lauren, can you tell me what's wrong, then?"

"...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry, Camz..."

Her tears were not stopping, if anything it was getting worse. On top of all her worries, guilt was now building up. She was making a scene at the Cabellos, being a cry baby when clearly they had enough going on as it was.

"I'll go, I'm sorry, so sorry..."

"Babe. You're not going anywhere, you hear me?"

Camila grabbed her face, scanning Lauren's eyes, trying to understand what had happened. She looked desperate, but she didn't know why.

"What's wrong, Lo?"

Lauren finally caved, bringing Camila closer to her, and hiding against her stomach.

"I-I...You...I'm so sorry..."

"Shh, let's go to my room, okay?"

Camila helped her to her feet, letting her lean against her side. Sinu was watching the scene, still not understanding what was going on.

"Mija, is she okay?"

"She will, mami. Can you tell everyone to not disturb us?"

"Sure, no problem."

"Thanks, I'll see you later."

She then started walking up the stairs with Lauren still crying in her arms, and made her way to her room, locking the door behind her just to be safe. She settled with Lauren in bed, pulling her girlfriend close to her.

"Babe, are you hurt anywhere?"

Lauren just shook her head against her neck, she didn't think she could talk just yet.

"Okay, that's good."

Camila then started peppering her hair with kisses, one of her hands going under her shirt to gently draw patterns with her nails on her back. It felt like Lauren needed some time to recollect herself and she had no problem with that. It felt good to have Lauren so close, the day had been hard, and she didn't mind being the one reassuring the other for once. She also felt bad, she knew that Lauren wasn't feeling as well as she was pretending to be those past few days. She knew her too well to fell for her reassuring words, but she hadn't done anything, thinking that Lauren would come to her eventually...well...guess she did.

Soon enough, Lauren was able to calm down, Camila's body under her rooting her to reality again. She was right there, alive and well, her chest making her body rise and fall with each breath.

"Do you feel better, love?"

"...Yeah."

"Good, do you think you can tell me what happened?"