Chapter 16

New chapter everyone! I hope you'll enjoy it!

We've just went past the 200 pages on word, still sounds crazy to me :P ! We're also at over 40k reads, 1.5k votes and nearly 2k comments, I can't thank you guys enough! So here's a little treat for you guys, over 5k words of just Little Camila and Mama Lauren and even some edits ;)

---

Lauren was awakened by something tugging at her shirt, a movement soon followed by whimpers and sniffles. Disturbed by the sudden unknown feeling, Lauren was quick to open an eye to find the source of the disturbance. She couldn't help a smile at the sight of her baby trying to nuzzle into her chest, until she felt little tears smear on her skin.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

Camila jumped at the sound, and only started crying harder, needing her mama to do something.

"Shh, calm down, love. What do you need?"

That didn't help, instead Camila became even more agitated, and started tugging harder on her shirt. Feeling a bit more awake, Lauren decided to take off her shirt to see if that would appease the wiggling thing on her chest. The second it was out of the way, Camila was latching onto her breast, suckling in earnest.

"There, baby...You just wanted to nurse, huh?"

Camila, yet again, didn't answer, just kept on suckling slowly calming down. Her latch was pretty strong, and soon enough, it was getting uncomfortable. Gently, Lauren sat back against the headboard and pried Camila's mouth from her, which of course only made Camila cry harder again.

"Shh, I know you want to nurse, baby, but you need to do it a bit gentler, you're hurting mama. Come here. Gently, okay?"

Lauren put her hand on Camila's cheek to make her latch back, and kept eye-contact the whole time. Camila was hesitant at first, feeling bad for hurting mama, but a few comforting words later, she was latching back on normally.

"There, that's better, isn't it?"

Camila just closed her eyes, focusing only on the presence of her mama everywhere around her. She brought up her hand holding Bobby, and started rubbing his ear between Lauren's breast, the way she would do against her own nose.

"Is Bobby joining in the snuggle, too?"

This time Camila nodded in answer, which was a bit of a relief to Lauren who was not used to Camila going non-communicative this way. The little girl was still sniffling a bit, and her body was still shaken by the remnants of her crying, but she looked much more at peace now. Lauren reached for a tissue on the nightstand and had Camila unlatch to her great displeasure.

"Shh, you'll nurse back in a second, but let's clear out this little nose, okay? Blow, baby."

Camila hesitated for a second, the tissue already situated on her nose.

"Come on, blow for mama."

This time, she did as she was told, but gently.

"Harder, baby."

Reassured that it was all good, Camila blew her nose correctly, and even let Lauren gently wipe her nose and her cheeks afterward. The second it was done, she was back at nursing and gently rubbing Bobby against Lauren.

"Will you tell mama what happened? Why is my baby so sad?"

The baby in question just looked up at her with drooping puppy eyes, unwilling to unlatch yet again.

"Okay, go to sleep baby, we'll talk about it tomorrow."

Camila finally let her eyes shut, lulled by nursing, and the combination of Lauren's hands lightly scratching her back and patting her butt.