Chapter 6

2.5k reads and nearly 200 votes, you guys are awesome!!

Here's a new chapter, hot and fresh out the kitchen :P !

Tell me what you think in the comments! (It also makes me write faster...just saying :P)

---

Lauren woke up to the weirdest sound. She couldn't place it, it sounded like a metal object rolling around. She frowned, her eyes still closed. Why was there something on her stomach? And where was Camila? At that thought, her eyes sprung open, and the scene started to make a lot more sense. Camila, still in just Lauren's sweater, had her head propped on Lauren's stomach and was playing with her perplexus. It was an adorable sight, she was frowning in concentration, and even had her tongue peeking out. Not wanting to startle her, she rubbed her eyes to signal that she was awake.

"Hi!"

"Hi, baby. Come here."

Camila smiled up at her, and carefully put the ball on its base so as not to have to start it all over again. She was at number 47, she didn't plan on starting back from the beginning again. That done, she moved into Lauren's open arms.

"Morning...How long have you been awake?"

"I woke up at 5..."

"Hm, and you took a shower."

"Yeah, my hair got wet when I fell and it dried weirdly..."

Lauren's nose had found its way in Camila's hair. The smell of baby shampoo and slightly wet hair made her eyes close again, lulling in a sort of deep relaxing trance. She had heard the disappointment and slight hesitation in Camila's voice, as if she was afraid of Lauren's reaction, so she was glad the girl hadn't lied.

"There's no magic switch, you know that, baby. It's all about taking it one night at a time. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. Our goal is to get more good nights than bad, but it's doesn't mean you won't have them anymore. This is not a setback, baby, it's all part of the process."

Camila took a shuddering breath, struggling to keep her emotions at bay. Rationally she knew that, but it didn't stop her from being upset. Apart from the whole crazy bed hair situation, the shower had also been a good way to be able to cry without waking up Lauren. Thankfully she had calmed down before getting out, and had tried to comfort herself as she could. She had put back on Lauren's sweater that still smelled like her, put on cotton panties that wouldn't hurt her bottom, and then the cute koala fuzzy socks Lauren had gotten her. At that point she had decided to forgo pants, and just grabbed the amazingly soft blanket Lauren had chosen for her, and sat on the armchair with her phone. That had worked for about 2 hours, but then she had felt restless again. Her anxiety was peaking, and all she wanted to do was wake up Lauren to have her make it better, just like she always wanted to do with her parents when she had a nightmare. But, just like with her parents, she didn't do it. Lauren needed her sleep, so it wasn't fair to wake her up just because she couldn't sleep. Her eyes had drifted back to their shopping bags, and that's when she had seen the perplexus box peeking out. After a brief moment of indecision, she had opened it, and lied back on the bed, figuring that it was okay to put her head on Lauren to feel better as long as she didn't wake her up.

"...I know..."

"But it doesn't help much knowing that, does it?"

Camila just shook her head, she felt quiet all of a sudden, happy to be back in Lauren's arms and to bask in the silent room. Lauren was stroking her back, her breathing still a bit deep from sleep close to her ear, Camila didn't feel sleepy, but she felt all her stress and anxiety slowly evaporate. Lauren was going to take care of her.