Chapter 9

Alright! Here's the new chapter for you guys! We just crossed the 6K reads on this story, so thank you!!

Enjoy :P

---

"Alright, the shower's free, Cami-"

She wasn't prepared for the sight awaiting her in their room. Camila was sitting on the floor in front of the coffee table. Her gaze was fixed on the TV playing their newly acquired The Lion King DVD, while her hands were absentmindedly playing with the pink kinetic sand scattered on the table. Camila had put her pink blanket over her like a cape, with Nala sitting on her lap, her candy pacifier back in her mouth. Without a word, Lauren took out her phone, and took a picture to commit the moment to memory. She made her way to the little girl, and sat right behind her.

"Well, hello there, tiny one..."

"Hi..."

"What are you doing?"

"Watching Nala?"

Her words were a bit slurred because of the pacifier.

"Yeah? And how's the sand?"

"It's really soft, touch it!"

Camila excitedly took a piece of kinetic sand in her hand and put it in Lauren's hand.

"See! And look!"

She then took one ball she had made with it, and broke it apart a bit before putting in back on the table and pointing at how the sand was slowly moving, as if it was alive.

"That's pretty neat, huh, baby?"

Camila nodded absentmindedly, her eyes back on the TV where Simba was climbing atop a huge pyramid of animals and singing. She didn't really know how it had happened, one second she was deciding that she was going to put the sand in the boxes, and the next she was setting all of this up, and having the time of her life.

Lauren had never seen her regressed that much before.

"Baby? It's nearly dinner time, how about we take out the candy, now?"

"No! Not my paci, Lo!"

She hadn't expected such a strong reaction. Tears were already pearling at the corner of her eyes.

"Camila. You can't keep eating the candy, baby."

"...No!"

She was clearly getting upset. She started moving away from Lauren, her hands hiding her mouth.

"Shh, it's okay, baby! How about I give you some water in your bottle, huh?"

"Lo-oh!"

"I know it's hard, baby, but you know the rules."

Lauren took it upon herself to take the paci out of her mouth, which opened the floodgates. Camila had felt so peaceful minutes ago, but now she just felt so unsettled. She couldn't help the tears, her anxiety levels went up all once, leaving her restless.

"Come here, love."

The feeling of being suddenly lifted just made her cry harder, but soon enough Lauren's familiar touch and soft words were helping her settle. Nala was pushed in her arms, and she was able to push her face in her fur.

"Let me just fill the bottle. It's okay."

Lauren made quick work of it. She hated seeing Camila so upset, and just wanted to cave and give her back the candy, but she knew that she couldn't do that. It really would spoil her appetite for tonight, and most importantly, she had to show her that she wouldn't come back on her words, which was an essential part of building trust. This was as much part of her role as making sure her little girl was happy.