Chapter 8

Alright! Thank you everyone for the votes and the comments! You guys are awesome, and I love talking with you!

Special thanks to nefertrain for reading this for me, and telling me to stop being so critical with myself, and just publish it :P

I hope you'll enjoy it, as usual let me know! Criticism and suggestions are always welcomed!

---

Meeting young fans was always cute, they took a few pictures and signed her shirt before saying goodbye and making their way to the grocery store. They now had been here for a good 15 minutes, their basket already containing most of what they needed.

"Okay, we have the boxes, some snack for when we'll be back on the bus, The Lion King DVD, what else do we need?"

"I don't know. I think we're good. Do we really need to wait to be on the bus to open the goldfish crackers?"

"Yes, Camila, for the third time! ...I wouldn't try asking again if I were you."

Camila lowered her head. This was stupid, why couldn't they just grab another box and open it now! She loved those crackers, they had always been her favorites for as long as she could remember.

"Baby wipes! That's what I forgot last time!"

"I don't need those..."

"Camila."

She huffed, but followed without a word, keeping close to Lauren. She didn't know why she was feeling so cranky, she just wanted to be back at the hotel.

Now in the aisle, her eyes wandered around. The pacifier caught her attention. There were so many pretty ones. Instinctively her thumb went up to her mouth, and she started nibbling on its tip.

"Camila? You good, baby?"

Camila turned back around, only now realizing what she was doing. She hurriedly wiped her thumb on her jeans and nodded.

Lauren could see Camila slipping, she had seen her do it before, the fact that they were in public was just making it a bit harder. It was a bit of a surprise, most time it had happened was while Camila was in between sleep and awake. Well maybe not, Camila's behavior was very similar to the one she had had when they were at the mall... Could it be, that this whole time, Camila had just kept on slipping into littlespace? Quickly putting a pack of baby wipes in the basket, she grabbed Camila's hand and lead her to the checkout.

"Come on, let's go back, okay?"

The first thing Camila noticed at the checkout was the display of sour pacifier pops. Her thumb went back up again. When she had first arrived in the US, she was obsessed with ring pops, they looked like pacifiers, and were really cheap, so her mom could buy her some pretty often. The shape wasn't right, but she still thought it was soothing to suckle on them, and she loved how she could just walk around with one, even in the street. But those! Those, here, had the right shape and look.

"Do you want a candy, Camzy?"

She did, she really did. It was a bit distressing how much. She nodded, not looking away from them.

"What flavor?"

Out of words once again, Camila just pointed at the red one.

"Alright! How about you hold onto my sweater until we're done here, and I'll get one for you?"

Camila did as she was told, staying close to Lauren. Honestly, she wanted to hide her face against Lauren's back, she didn't want to be here anymore. She knew she had to be good to get the paci, though, so she stayed quiet and held onto the hem of the back of Lauren's sweater like she was told, letting her mind wander away from the never ending checkout line.