Chapter 29

God, I'm so tired, it's so late, but it's here!! The new chapter is here, and it's 8.3k words long, so probably my longest so far? (warning: no proofreading, I wrote the last 2k while half asleep...just saying!) I don't know how good it is, I had some tough times with it, but I'm so glad to be back, everyone!

We're nearly at 200k reads, and that's just crazy! So thank you all for reading, voting and commenting, you're awesome my buds!

Alright, less chitchat, more action, there you go, enjoy!

---

"Yo, Chancho! Are you even listening?"

"Sorry, what?"

"Alright, half of Camren, time for you to burst out of your love bubble. We got major stuff to talk about."

"Is it about the rumor that Beyoncé and Jay-Z are naming their kids after themselves?"

"Wow...So you were listening!"

That was far from true, but honestly it was Camila's best bet at this point. She rubbed her eyes for what felt the thousandth time this morning. She was exhausted, and Dinah's morning energy was giving her a headache. When Dinah looked back at her phone to read the article to her, she just started looking back out of the windshield of their taxi, muting Dinah's voice. Going back to touring was just as bad as she had expected and then some. At least last time, by the end of it, she had managed to get into a good schedule of sleep! Now it felt like she was back to square one all over again.

She was startled out of her thoughts by a hand being put on her shoulder. The action made her realize that she had started scratching at her arm again. She stopped right away, seeing the red marks marking it already. It was a bad habit she had picked on those past few days. Whenever she started feeling stressed out, she would get this itchy sensation in her arms, her legs or her neck. By now she was so used to it, she often times wouldn't realize she was doing it. And she sure had a lot to stress about recently.

"Mila, your arm's gonna look all red on the pictures if you keep doing this."

"Sorry."

She sent a little apologetic smile to Ally who was sitting on her other side.

"It's okay, sweetie. Are you ready for this?"

"Not really, but it's not like we have a choice, right?"

"Oh come on! We just got to talk about our tour and album, it's going to be fine! And you got me and Dinah with you!"

"...Dinah and I."

"Wow, Chancho! Lauren is really rubbing off on you...in more ways than one!"

Camila just rolled her eyes, her chest feeling a bit too tight at being reminded that Lauren wasn't with her. Since they'd been back, their manager and agents had been adamant about them not being seen together outside of concerts. Apparently, her on-stage crisis was enough of a headline without having to put the spotlight on the Camren trend. They wanted to bury all suspicions, meaning that the only interviews they were allowed to do together were the one with everyone and they weren't even allowed to sit by each other.

Just thinking about it was making her head throb more, so she started rubbing her eyes again.

"Sheesh, Mila! You and Lauser really need to slow down on your night activities, you look like you could really use a nap."

Camila was too tired to care at this point, so she stayed silent, her eyes getting lost on the view again. When that became too overstimulating too, she just closed her eyes and blocked out her surroundings. The only breach through it, was when she felt Ally's small hand cover hers, and with a sigh she intertwined her fingers with hers, trying to believe Ally's whisper of "it's all gonna be alright."