Unpredictable ~ Prologue.

Have you ever felt as if life is controlling you like a puppeteer does with their puppet?

Well I have.

A majority of my life has been spent receiving orders from those more superior than me.

Well, I didn't necessarily have a choice, with the way things were going that was the only way to survive in this cruel world.

Many could argue that I've had it easy, that I have no right to complain, and...well, I guess they're right.

But they're wrong too.

I try to remember those remarks to remind me to hold my tongue in public, that's why you will never catch me complaining about my personal life, I just try to keep clear of the sneers and chide comments.

Although, no matter your social status, everyone has their own problems with life, although some deal with it differently than others do.

The sad truth is, if that means hurting and manipulating those around them, they WILL do it.

The 'superiors' here are so overcome by their own selfish desires that they will use people for their own benefit, that's just how selfish people in this world are.

Unfortunately, others see me as one of those people.

***

21 year old Y/N L/N is from the noble L/N family, causing others around her to view her as spoilt and obnoxious, although Y/N's life hasn't all been sunshine and rainbows as society seems to think.

Y/N's time in the Japanese Imperial Demon Army (JIDA) has been pretty basic as a special private which consisted of vampire hunting or fighting off several four horsemen of John, if it was successful she returned, if it wasn't she watched her friends die and was moved into another squad.

Due to several events in her life she has slowly built walls around her, and didn't get too close to anyone, her distant nature makes many dislike her more, mistaking it for pride.

However, one day she is offered the rank of second Lieutenant, which she willingly accepts hoping for a change in her life.

This event seems to have a drastic affect on her life and eventually Y/N begins to wonder if there was a deeper meaning to this then she thought.

Meanwhile, a big war has broken out between the vampires and humans, but this war was like no other.

Read on as Y/N's life changes, the new people she meets, the new responsibilities she is given, the new pain she has to endure, can she handle it?

Read on to find out.

***

Happy reading! :)