Unpredictable ~ Chapter 26, Part 2.

-Y/N's POV-
In situations like this Shinya was the one expected to take command, so it didn't surprise me when we found Guren alone at the mercy of the noble vampire.

My heart sank at his current state, he'd clearly been beaten up pretty bad and would obviously undergo torture if we didn't save him. Despite his injuries, he still managed not to appear to be at his worst.

Although there was no time to dwell on his condition if we were to save him. Lava poured from the walls and the average brick wall had now been replaced by lava rock.

I peered round the corner from where I'd hidden myself, and I saw Chess and Horn return in a blur, I observed them closely and as predicted Chess was initially affected by the illusionary spell. I cast my glance to beside me where Shigure quietly snuck into position and threw some kunai, which were most likely coated in poison, at Crowley although he quickly knocked them out the air and turned in the direction they came from. Shigure was luckily no where to be found.

Sayuri was next; she ran in to attempt to land a hit on the vampire, however with humans being significantly slower than vampires, Crowley immediately responded, my eyes widened as I watched his sword descend upon Sayuri, but Goshi jumped in to save her and managed to use his pipe to block the attack. They both went crashing into the lava.

I stepped out from my hiding place and shot 3 shots in the direction of Crowley, he frowned and dodged 2 of them before using his sword to diminish the last blow. I wasn't disheartened as that was mostly a distraction; as he was doing that Mito appeared from behind him and rapidly swung at him. Crowley dodged all of them successfully so Mito changed it a bit by attempting a roundhouse kick, he grabbed her leg and threw her into Shigure who was running into a new position; they both crashed and fell over.

"What are you guys still doing here?!" Guren shouted, "Go quickly!"

Crowley frowned at Guren's sudden outburst and began strolling to him, I quickly ran out of hiding and fired in his direction. He irritatedly swung at the shot causing it to reflect in my direction- unfortunately I wasn't fast enough and was hit by it.

My eyes winced in pain, although it wasn't as painful as I thought; I was probably going to suffer more later if my demon didn't take care of it, as I crashed into the floor, Mito glanced at me in worry, "We're not leaving without you, Guren."

"Forget it! This guy's a monster. You guys ca-" Guren was cut off as he was kicked in the stomach causing him to double over in pain,

"Alright, that's enough~" Crowley said light-heartedly,

"Master Guren, no-" Shigure began but Guren cut her off,

"Please..." he was now pleading, my eyes began to water and I knew too well how Yuu felt, Guren turned to Goshi, "Goshi, please. Complete the mission." He coughed violently,

Goshi sighed sadly before lifting Sayuri up, he nodded at Shigure who nodded back hesitantly, she helped Mito to her feet. I was frozen on my feet; my eyes fixed on Guren. He returned the stare, he said nothing but his eyes told me more than words could explain: He wanted me to be safe, he didn't want me to die because of him and he loved me. Tears began streaming down my face as Goshi approached me.

"Come on, Y/N." he said sadly,

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve as Goshi tugged on my arm,

I trudged of,

"Hm, I don't think we should be letting you go." I heard Horn from behind me,

I shot at them without saying anything as Goshi altered the illusion and we escaped safely, leaving Guren behind.

~•~

We were a few buildings down from the town hall, meeting Shinya and Shinoa's squad.

"Goshi, are you guys ok?" Shinya rushed up to us,

"We're ok." Goshi said,

"We weren't much help." Mito said wiping her eyes, I looked to the corner of the room to find Yuu sulking,

"Oh, Y/N. you're injured." Shinya came up to me,

I looked down at my chest and saw the cut along my chest and the blood seeping from it, it was beginning to ache. I must've not been able to feel it as much from the adrenaline and shock I experienced earlier.

I looked up at Shinya and noticed his injured soldier, "You're hurt too, idiot." I said jokingly but wasn't able to smile,

His face was serious, he came up to me and gently placed my head onto his uninjured shoulder, all my attempts to not cry crumbled and I began to sob, clutching onto Shinya and feeling hopeless and weak. He stroked my hair comfortingly as I cried into his shoulder.

Shinya and I fought a lot, but he helped me a lot, he saved me when needed and was usually the one to comfort me when there was no one else.

"Your Tom and Jerry pair, ladies and gentlemen." Mito said between hiccups trying to lighten the mood, despite crying herself,

"Shut up," I couldn't help but giggle at that and the rest of our squad joined in,

Although, being in the midst of war meant that all moments of happiness were very abrupt and were quickly diminished. We were all torn from the somber yet slightly happy mood when there was a sudden screech,

"Yuu! Spit it out!" Shinoa screamed, hitting his back,

"Oi, what's going on?" Shinya diverted his full attention to the new problem arising,

"Yuuichiro, consumed more of the pills than he was supposed to, he has overdosed!" Mitsuba yelled alarmed,

Shinya groaned, "This kid-! Get them out!" He began making his way over as Yoichi and Kimizuki already attempted to remove the pills from Yuu's mouth,

"I'm going to save Guren! Besides I feel absolutely fine..." Yuu boasted...right before choking up blood and yelling in agony,

I groaned in frustration before turning to Mito, "As if we didn't have enough problems."

"Ahh, shit. We can't let Yuu die." Mito muttered, rubbing her forehead in frustration,

"Too late." Goshi deadpanned,

I turned to find what I assumed to be a dead Yuu and Shinoa performing CPR while yelling his name,

"He's not breathing."