Unpredictable ~ Chapter 16.

-Y/N's POV-
"Guren!" I whined, panting,

He said nothing but grinned at me, I pouted,

"Slow down, please."

"Slow down?" He echoed but instead he sped up his pace,

I groaned as I backed myself into a wall and tripped, Guren was sprinting towards me with his sword in the air so I quickly had to roll out the way before I was sliced in half.

Guren skidded to a stop and turned to me as I quickly stood up and got back into a fighting stance, "Are you going to ask a vampire to slow down, Y/N? They're much faster than I am."

"I don't even fight vampires with a sword." I said exasperated as our swords clashed,

"There may be a situation where you have to." He stumbled back a bit as I blocked his attack,

"Remind me why I asked you to train me again...?" I sighed taking steps back,

"Keep whining and I'll activate the curse." He began running towards me again,

"Wait- no fair, I don't have a curse." I ducked his attack, spun around and attempted to roundhouse kick him, however he managed to catch my leg; I'd predicted that would happen so I quickly pushed off my free leg and high kicked. Guren saw what I was doing and seemed impressed, he leaned back to dodge it and released my other foot I landed and hopped back up, gripping my sword with both hands, it wasn't over yet though.

I went in for the attack this time, grinning as I finally had the upper hand.

I swung my sword at Guren, however he quickly ducked, and turned around. Suddenly, I felt his arm slip around my waist and I squealed as I was pushed up against the wall.

Panting, I looked up to find his face was just inches from mine, "Hey, you can't just seduce a vampire during a battle." My voice was nearly at a whisper,

"You think I'm seductive?" He smirked, I had to force my eyes to not trail down to his lips,

"My point still stands." I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow,

He sighed, "It could though! Just imagine being a vampire and your dinner just practically runs into your arms."

I laughed, "Try it and see how that turns out."

"Alright, that's enough for today." He returned his sword into its sheath,

"I was about to win." I huffed,

"I know, babe." He pulled me in by the waist and pecked my forehead before going off to get a bottle of water. My heart was fluttering too much for me to get mad at the fact he said that just to shut me up.

"Catch." He tossed me a bottle of water and I caught it before taking sips, I sat against the wall crossed legged and Guren shortly joined me, snaking his arm around my waist again, I leaned over placing my head on his shoulder.

We sat in a comfortable silence before something came across my mind, "Guren, have you told Shinya?"

"No, do you want me to?"

"I don't really mind if you do or not. I just have a feeling he'll work it out or he probably already knows."

Guren sighed at the thought, "Yeah, if he asks just treat it as his usual bantering. I don't really want to deal with his ass teasing us at the moment,"