Unpredictable ~ Chapter 12.

-Y/N's POV-
It's been 2 days since Guren began training me, and I definitely regret asking him.

But, I've definitely gotten better, not as good as him, obviously.

Guren ran in to attack, again- sword in air ready to swing- I blocked it and mustered enough strength to push him back a bit which luckily worked, so I quickly ran forward and swung my sword at him- he responded to this by dodging and attempting to parry my attacks when he could.

My goal wasn't to hit him, though.

I constantly swung at him making sure to not give him any time to counter my attacks, he successfully dodged all of them; slowly stepping back with each block.

I could feel my energy slowly dissipating, luckily it wasn't long until-

"Gotchya" I winked at Guren and pointed the end of my sword at his neck, just as his back hit the wall.

He looked impressed, "I could easily get out of a situation like this, but I'm very satisfied with this result."

I pouted, "Hey! You should praise me not boast."

Guren put his hand on my head, "Well done for cornering me, your hard work paid off and I'm proud of you. Does that suffice?"

"I'll take it." I grinned widely, closing my eyes as he pet me,

"Ok, that's it for today. We'll train tomorrow morning, ok?" He sheathed his sword,

"Ok." Was what I tried to say, but I wasn't even sure if he had heard me,

My eyebrows scrunched in confusion as the sound droned on, it sounded like a plane was flying very low above the building.

Then there was a massive explosion.

It had occurred at some distance so it didn't directly harm us- but it was still powerful enough to shake the building.

I let out a yelp as I felt myself falling to the floor.

I braced myself for the impact of me hitting the floor- but something broke my fall.

The building stopped shaking and I opened my eyes moving my hands away from my ears.

I heard a low groaning beside my ear and I quickly turned around to find Guren's face near mine; he was wincing.

I gasped and slightly panicked, "Oh my God- are you oka-" due to my awkward position I lost my balance and fell forward, instinctively I put my hands against Guren's chest,

Guren laughed, "Take it easy, tiger"

I was admiring Guren's features, before I realised where we were, I cleared my throat and pushed him back a bit.

He seemed to be distracted by something because he seemed to shake himself out of his thoughts; his arms fell from my side and he sat up, propping himself up.

"Are you ok?" I looked concerned,

"Me? I'm fine" he dismissed easily, giving the impression he was no stranger to these kind of things, "It's cute you're concerned about me, Y/N." He cooed, mockingly, smirking at me,

"Get up." I ignored him, "We've got to go."

"Where?" He whined,

"You tell me, Lieutenant colonel."

Guren just shook his head, I stuck my tongue out at him to mock his attempts at teasing me.

~•~