Unpredictable ~ Chapter 1.

A/N: Incase you didn't read the authors note, I'd like to inform you that there will be spoilers!
Happy reading!

***

-Y/N's POV-
I woke up to the annoying shrill of my alarm clock and another nightmare which my demon, D/N decided to taunt me with.

Owning a black demon series weapon definitely wasn't easy, I've been having these dreams ever since we made our contract but there is no way I'm going to let him possess me.

The re-occurring dreams were the same, flashbacks from my depressing childhood and then D/N's sly voice telling me to let him do the rest, blah, blah, blah.

I sat up, feeling sour but remembered something which lightened my mood and urged me to get ready. Today was my first day of being a second lieutenant!

I began my usual morning routine, which consisted of taking a short shower, wearing my JIDA uniform and eating breakfast. I did own makeup but I rarely wore it since it will probably rub off during the day and quite frankly I looked good without it, having to follow the army's strict diet and healthcare regulations does help a lot.

As I ate my breakfast, I thought about my first duty, which was covering the class for the newbies joining the moon demon company.

I believe Lieutenant Colonel Guren Ichinose was the leader and their usual teacher, but he was busy today.

I was certainly aware of the higher ranks, I mean it's kind of hard to miss them, but I have never actually worked with any of them, however a majority of my knowledge about them was strictly based on rumours or popular incidents which have occurred.

And yes, Guren just so happens to pop up in the gossip a lot.

Now, don't get me wrong, I hate gossip and rumours, I'm simply not interested, but it is ridiculously common within my family and the type of people I am associated with; although, the things I have heard about him aren't positive at all, but I believe it's because he comes from a low-branch family, which is looked down upon, and so I refuse to swallow the unfair comments and judgements made by people and instead keep my mouth shut to prevent any problems.

I stood up shaking the thoughts out of my head, I should focus on today.

~•~

"Morning, everyone! I'm Y/N L/N and I will be covering your lesson today!" I stated with a small smile, despite knowing the reaction I was about to receive.

The quiet chatting had stopped and everyone fell silent, the light hearted mood was replaced by thick tension and I could feel a fearful aura radiating off the students.

My family had quite the reputation.

I stood awkwardly, fidgeting with my hands behind my back, trying to figure out what to say next, but as I opened my mouth to say something else, the door was flung open and 3 people entered.

First to enter the room was a boy with messy, raven hair and gorgeous, big, bright green eyes. An agitated scowl was predominant on his features and I could only guess that was thanks to the girl who strolled in with a big smirk on her face, who I instantly recognised as Shinoa Hiragi.

Shinoa was the younger sister of Mahiru Hiragi, who was my only childhood friend or the only person I was allowed to be friends with. I had not seen Shinoa since Mahiru had died and I must say she had changed quite a bit.