Unpredictable ~ Chapter 22.

-Y/N's POV-
I focused in on the target who was sat on a desk reading, "The target is currently idle, or reading. On the 3rd floor in what I assume is the managers office or whatever." I looked away from my scope causing the indigo, magic rings of light to disperse from my right eye, as I reported back to Guren, Norito, Mito, Sayuri and Shigure.

Shinya wasn't there due to how risky the mission was and if something were to happen to Guren, he'd be there to take command.

"Perfect, we begin in 2 minutes." Guren and everyone else left the rooftop of the building to take their positions in the neighbouring art gallery where the noble vampire was.

I took out my pocket watch to keep track of the time, it wasn't long at all until 30 seconds remained.

"You ready, D/N?" I asked as the 10 second countdown began,

"Have never been more ready, Y/N."

3...

2...

1...

"Great." I pulled the trigger and the purple shadow hurtled out of the gun.

Mission start.

I continued to watch the vampire through the scope, he somehow sensed the attack and pulled out his sword to swing at it, diminishing the shadows.

I whistled, "Damn," his head turned to look for where the attack came from and it seemed he made direct eye contact with me, I nervously laughed, "Time to disappear." I ran off and down the stairs of the emergency exit.

Everyone was probably making their way to the third floor now, I too had to go there but on the opposite end of the corridor, I ran inside the art gallery and immediately ran up the stairs, paintings and statues were a blur as I climbed up the final set of stairs to the third floor. I slowed to a stop by my position and leaned against the wall, clutching onto my rifle. The distant sound of clashing swords could be heard. I peeped round the corner to find shigure who was fiddling with her assassination equipment, she was my backup incase the vampire intercepted my final shot.

I leaned back against the wall and breathed out a heavy sigh,

"Some fine pieces of art here, don't you think?" I jumped at the voice and turned to point my gun to a man in white with a grin on his face, he had long silver hair and the pointed teeth peeking from inside his mouth told me he was a vampire. I quickly recognised him as the vampire Guren was watching during the first period of the war and cursed.

I shot at him however he quickly dodged before swiping for me, I ducked and ran the opposite direction of where the other fight was happening.

I hoped the gun shot warned the others of the trouble I had ran into.

"Haha, I'm faster than you human." He laughed, strolling after me,

"Good for you." I called before, taking a sharp left, and then taking a right,

I was very lost but I had to get away from him, I was not about to engage in a 1 on 1 battle against the seventh fucking progenitor.

I turned to see if I had lost him, knowing it was unlikely but I still walked backwards as my senses heightened, still I sensed nothing.

I kept walking my heart pounding before my back hit something, I breathlessly began praying it wasn't him and cursed as soon as the silver hair came in sight, I was about to bolt back however he was too quick. He grabbed me by the neck and slammed me into the wall with sheer force, I cried out in pain as I felt some of the wall crumble from the impact.

"You see, I don't like to hurt pretty girls like you." His grip tightened around my throat, "however, I won't hesitate to when they start shooting at me and running."

I groaned at my throbbing head and back and the slow loss of oxygen, I mustered all of my remaining energy to try and lift up my gun to point it at him, although he looked down at it and frowned before snatching it out of my hand and tossing it away, "You won't be needing that." he tightened his grip again and my hands began clawing at the one around my neck.

"Anyway, I just need you to answer a few questions for me. Who's your commander?"

I let out a hoarse laugh, "Commander? I'm solo."

He laughed before slamming me into the wall again, "Don't bullshit me. The uniform you have on belongs to the imperial demons."

"Then why ask? Don't you know already?"

"Kureto Hiragi? Tenri Hiragi?"

"Both." I had no problem selling out those two to the vampires,

He guffawed, "Surely you don't think I'm stupid, I know there are other commanders, so why not tell me yours?"

"But it is them." I kicked his torso as hard as I could causing him to release my neck, I jumped back away from him, and grabbed my gun which lay on the floor before shooting at him.

He intercepted it, too well. I suddenly saw the flurry of shadows hurtling towards me and jumped out of the way, he suddenly emerged at a inhuman speed, hitting me so hard I was sent crashing into the end of the corridor.

I sat up, coughing aggressively although it didn't end there. He kicked me in the stomach hard, causing me to cough up blood. He grabbed me by the hair causing me to gasp, "Let's not play those kind of tricks, hm?"

He squatted down to my height, "Who's giving you commands?"

"K-Kureto Hiragi." I slurred my vision of his red eyes blurring,

"Wrong." He slapped me across the face,

"If you think it's wrong, then surely you know already." I smiled up at him,

"You're beginning to irritate me, livestock and I think angering me is something we should avoid. Now, te-"

"Oh dear, Ferid. I don't think the poor girl can take another hit."

I looked up, my vision was blurry although I caught sight of someone dressed in white, with black and red hair and recognised him as the 13th progenitor, Crowley Eusford.

"Besides you have been called to go elsewhere."

"Hmph, consider yourself lucky livestock." He released my hair aggressively, making my head collide with the wall behind me. I slid down to a laying position as I watched the two vampires walk away.

"That shit hurt." I muttered to myself, I had to find Guren and the others but I was already really lost. I attempted to stand up but my hand immediately clutched my ribcage. I slowly limped to where I believed the others were, however I heard no signs of combat.

I trudged on for a while before I caught site of a body. My eyes widened and I dropped to the floor and crawled over to identify who it was. It was no one I recognised though. I sat back, placing my palms on the ground behind me, only to feel cool metal against my palm.

Already having a contract with a demon doesn't exempt you from being possessed by a foreign demon, all it took was one touch.

I looked down.

"Ah, shit." Was all I could say before I blanked out.