Chapter Four: Tutors

Chapter Four:

Tutors

___________________

Sophia's POV

I spent my class period day dreaming about how horrible this day had been already. I woke up late this morning after my mom left for work and never woke me up and my dad had to get to the police station for his job. No one was there to wake me or Matt up. I never set my alarm clock because usually it never wakes me up.

After realizing I was going to be late, I threw a sweatshirt over my tank top and pulled on a pair of my favorite jeans. I pulled my hair up and braided a small part of the front back into the ponytail holder to make myself look a little more presentable. To make matters worse, I didn't have any more contacts left. My glasses were old but I could see out of them. And, to be honest, I liked them more because they were less to worry about for me. Since I worry about everything, that is.

I rushed Matt to school and then practically jogged here only to see that I had to be talked to after class. Since I walked in a few seconds after the tardy bell rang, I had the thought that it would be about that.

I was sadly mistaken.

I found myself standing up with my books clutched in my hands while every other students in the room left. I walked slowly up to Mrs. Foster's desk and waited for her to look up from the book she was reading. When Cameron walked up beside me, I knew something was up.
So I might not have been getting in trouble for being late this morning.

"So, I got a call from your mother, Cameron." She began. I looked over at Cameron who seemed emotionless, a way I should get used to seeing him.

"She wants you to have a tutor. I think Miss Belle here is perfect for the job." Mrs. Foster rested her chin on her hands and looked up at is with a faint smile, "Think you can do it?" She directed her gaze to me.

Me? Why would I tutor him? Could I really do it? He doesn't seem like the type to sit and listen.

"I don't know Mrs. Foster. Depends on Cameron here." I looked up at Cameron. He shook his head and looked at me for a moment before mumbling, "Yeah." Lowly.

Cameron walked out the door abruptly with his hands in his pockets. I followed close behind him and tried to catch up. If we were going to study, then we have to meet up somewhere, right?

"Cameron," I called his name. He slowed his pace and allowed me to catch up to him. His eyebrows rose, "What?"
"When are we meeting up?" I asked him. His eye widened in alert and farmed all around us to see if anyone had heard me. Before I had a chance to protest, he pulled me into the bear by janitors closet and shut the door behind us. I reached up above us to find the string that turned the light on so I could see Cameron for a chance to yell at him.

"What was that all about?! Why are we in here? Aren't your little girlfriends going to be mad?" I babbled on. Yes, he had girlfriends. Well, he didn't exactly know about them but they were always drooling over him. Especially one girl named Danielle. She used to be my best friend, played on the basketball team with me my entire life. When I quit because of Matt, she ditched me and every once in a while finds the time to pick on me. She's now the MVP and a lot of girls hate her for her snottiness and the way she treats people.

Cameron turned towards me, "No one can know about this tutoring thing." He said sternly. His eyes only flashed up to mine for a quick second before he asked another question, "What do you mean 'girlfriends'?" He used his two fingers to make air quotes.

I shrugged my shoulders, "There's always someone that wants you." Was all I said before walking out if the closet. Cameron walked out behind me and disappeared Into the crowd of students down the hallway.