Chapter Thirty-Five: Chimichanga!

Chimichanga!

_____________

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumbled to myself as soon as we stepped inside the room. When we flipped the light on, fear shot through my spine. Maybe it was more of annoyance...

Either way, this was not good news.

There was one single bed in this hotel room. The person at the front desk never told me it would be this small. I assumed that there would at least be two beds.

"I'll sleep on the floor." Cameron automatically said. He slid past me and into the room. He was clearly pooped.

I had a moment with myself. I could either be a mean ex-girlfriend or the kind that is still nice to you and wants to be best friends. I chose the middle option. To be both.

I didn't get a word out before Cameron started stripping in front of me. I couldn't help but stare, even though I've seen him shirtless a million times. Shaking my head clear, my eyes dropped and I knew I was tired.

Once I got out of my pants, I pulled on a pair of soft shorts and left my t-shirt on. Cameron was grabbing towels and some extra pillows out of the small closet that we had. I sighed, knowing what I was about to do.

"Cam, just get up here." I told him, too tired to care. I could freak out later. Right now I think we both needed our beauty sleep.

He was hesitant at first, but eventually gave in and crawled under the covers beside of me. There was an inch of space between us since the bed was so tiny and both of us were on the edges of the bed.

I rolled over so that I was laying on my arm and facing him, bracing myself for what I was about to say.

"I'm sorry I've been such a brat lately." I whispered. The room was pitch dark except for the moonlight shining in through the window behind me. Cameron's face lit up from the light when he turned to me. I could tell he was tired, maybe he wouldn't remember this in the morning.

"It's okay. I deserved it." His words were slurred from sleepiness but I knew he meant them.

"Maybe just a little. But I shouldn't be so mean to you." I told him back. He had a lazy smile on his face, eyes closed, and he turned to face me before he cracked his eyes open just a slit.

"Yeah, maybe just a little." He chuckled sleepily. I smiled at him, missing this so much. Even though we just broke up barely two days ago, it felt like a lifetime.

I reached my hand up to run my fingers through his thick hair. He seemed to be sleeping, but he opened his one eye just a little to stare at me. I dropped my hand down to his face; remembering all his features from his long eyelashes to his nose, to his lips. Oh those lips.

I think I still lived the boy. A year slipped from my eye. I didn't bother to wipe it away. It was dark, he wouldn't see me.

Without a second thought, I reached under his pillow where his one hand was and laced our fingers together.

I finally fell asleep, with Cameron on my mind.

*

When morning came, I was the first to wake up. Cameron was sleeping silently beside me, taking up most of the bed. At one point last night I found myself tangled together with Cameron. I didn't move because he'd wake up and it would be awkward. Plus, I missed it. Already, I'm missing how we used to be. Never angry at each other.