Chapter Seventeen: Bruises

Chapter Seventeen:

Bruises

_______________________

The bell rang for Seventh period by the time I had reached the exit doors that lead outside. I looked for any teacher in sight before I used my ninja skills to slip through the doors without a trace.

A puff of air escaped my mouth after I was out of the school. I have never done anything like skip a class -it just wasn't me.

The sidewalk led me up to the fenced in football field in front of our school. A shadow of a boy was made by the sun as he sat under the bleachers. Cameron sat on one of the beams that helped hold up the bleachers.

"Hey skipper," I smiled as I neared him. He slowly turned himself around on the beam and smiled at me, offering a hand to me.

I gladly took it and allowed him to help me up onto the beam so that I was sitting right across from him. He laced our fingers together and pulled me into him, kissing me lightly in the lips. I smiled at him.

"So, what was so important that you wanted me to skip class?" I asked.

"I just wanted to talk to you and see you." He replied as he played with my fingers. I nodded before saying, "Well let's talk."

I couldn't help but realize how weird this actually was. Just the other day we were friends. Now suddenly we were dating. How did this happen so fast? It seems so foreign, like a new subject I have to learn in school. I guess it's a good thing that I like to learn.

"Tell me about your day," Cameron said as he scooted to sit right beside me on the beam, dangling his feet beside mine, his fingers still intertwined with mine.

"You know how I had to help Mrs. Foster clean out her file cabinet? Well I did and you'll never guess what I found out." I almost wanted to burst out laughing right then. It just seemed so funny to me for some reason.

"I dropped Danielle's folder on the floor and guess what?! She has a higher grade than me in that class." I wasn't finished with my story, but Cameron's chuckling stopped me.

"That's her what? Second year in that class? She should be getting used to the work by now-" I pushed my finger roughly against his lips to shush him. He smirked undertaken finger and I removed it, feeling the blush rising to my cheeks.

"No! That's not what I meant. Would you shut up so I can finish my story?"

"Of course, your majesty."

"Anyways, I asked Mrs. Foster why she made me your tutor. Since, when she asked me to do the job, she told me I had good grades -but not as good as Danielle's. Well that and a college recommendation. That's not what's important here. Do you wanna know what she told me?" I asked, a mischievous smile slipping onto my face. Cameron simply nodded his head.

"She said, and I quote, 'You have patience, you have the kind heart that would help him even if he was mean to you. I think you two are a cute couple.'" I watched his expression closely to see if he would be horrified that our teacher set us up together.

"All I can do is go in there and kiss Mrs. Foster right on the forehead and thank her." Was what he said. I started laughing at him and his weirdness.

"So, what are we doing after school?" I asked him.

"How about working on the tree house? Matt would like that." Cameron chuckled and twisted my fingers with his more.

"Sounds like a plan." I grinned at him and he helped me off the beam so we could go ahead to my house.

It didn't take long for us to arrive there. After we had grabbed all of our stuff out of our lockers, we ditched again and went to Cameron's car. We drove to my house and got a bite to eat before we started working on anything.